PDA

View Full Version : Whirlwind International World tour of the North West of Ingerlandshire.

Phill
29-Jun-10, 00:26
I'm Back!!!

Did yer miss me? ....wot no threads of the .orgs despair on my disappearance?? :eek:

Oh!

Ah well, anyway....amongst many things I experienced on my intergalactic missionary visit there is one thing that is puzzling me.
This is a biggy, up there with the the meaning of life, which first:chicken / egg, does god (God) (supreme being) etc. (etc.))) exist. What was that person really doing when they discovered milking a cow.

Why do these cheapy, supermarket hotels have so many light switches in a little room?
One hotel room has more light switches than my whole house and I can never switch all the lights off, nor can I have all the lights on.
I can get a variation (purely by accident) of everything in between but neither one nor the other.
WHY?

Why so many switches?
Is it a conspiracy? :eek::eek:
Does it help the windymills?
A Jeremy Beadle prank where we're all filmed spending an hour trying to switch all the lights off before going to sleep in the bathroom?

Why, why so many switches???

Alan16
29-Jun-10, 00:51
I'm Back!!!

Did yer miss me? ....wot no threads of the .orgs despair on my disappearance??

Ah, apparently, we're not allowed fanfares, or encores, or something else these days. I couldn't play the trumpet anyway, but now I don't need to learn. :D

Ah well, anyway....amongst many things I experienced on my intergalactic missionary visit there is one thing that is puzzling me.
This is a biggy, up there with the the meaning of life, which first:chicken / egg, does god (God) (supreme being) etc. (etc.))) exist. What was that person really doing when they discovered milking a cow.

Sex.

Why do these cheapy, supermarket hotels have so many light switches in a little room?
One hotel room has more light switches than my whole house and I can never switch all the lights off, nor can I have all the lights on.
I can get a variation (purely by accident) of everything in between but neither one nor the other.
WHY?

Why so many switches?
Is it a conspiracy? :eek::eek:
Does it help the windymills?
A Jeremy Beadle prank where we're all filmed spending an hour trying to switch all the lights off before going to sleep in the bathroom?

Why, why so many switches???

I was in a hotel in Dublin a couple of weeks ago that had, I think, 12 switches in a room that was about 3 metres by 5, as well as a smaller bathroom. There were 3 lights in the whole place, 2 in the room one in the bathroom. At least a half dozen of them seemed to have no effect what so ever, although when every switch was in the on position, every light was on, but if only 11 out of the 12 were, only one of the main lights was on, unless the bathroom one was on then sometimes neither of the main ones were on. If someone can solve this problem, I will be forever in their debt.

ducati
29-Jun-10, 07:29
When I was an electrician, primarily working for a well known Hotel Chain. We didn't get payed very promptly so in a fit of peak I wired every 10th room at random with the master light switches for the whole hotel.

You spent the night turning everyone elses lights off and on all night. :eek:

George Brims
29-Jun-10, 07:35
We have owned our house 19 years, and have torn off and replaced the roof, gutted the bathrooms, taken down and put up walls between rooms, you name it. But there's this one light switch in our bedroom that doesn't do anything and I have never worked out why.

laguna2
29-Jun-10, 09:09
When I was an electrician, primarily working for a well known Hotel Chain. We didn't get payed very promptly so in a fit of peak I wired every 10th room at random with the master light switches for the whole hotel.

You spent the night turning everyone elses lights off and on all night. :eek:

:lol:They do say that revenge is sweet but this one is truly awsome![lol]

laguna2
29-Jun-10, 09:10
We have owned our house 19 years, and have torn off and replaced the roof, gutted the bathrooms, taken down and put up walls between rooms, you name it. But there's this one light switch in our bedroom that doesn't do anything and I have never worked out why.

Was ducati your electrician? Perhaps it switches your neighbour's electricity on and off!:lol:

John Little
29-Jun-10, 19:03
I was staying in a Premier Travel Inn last year and every time we turned the light on they came on in the room 10 doors down..... we wondered what cowboy had done the wiring........

ducati
29-Jun-10, 19:20
I was staying in a Premier Travel Inn last year and every time we turned the light on they came on in the room 10 doors down..... we wondered what cowboy had done the wiring........

Cowboy as in Spagetti Western?

John Little
29-Jun-10, 19:21
Aye - wiring like spaghetti - that was it!

Have you seen it? :lol:

Kodiak
29-Jun-10, 19:23

The question arises...........Just how did you know the light came on in the room 10 rooms away?.............The mind boggles !!!

John Little
29-Jun-10, 19:32
Ah - it was a wild night.....:eek:

Bazeye
30-Jun-10, 20:30

Tried changing the light bulb?