PDA

View Full Version : Constriction

John Little
28-Jun-10, 22:00
It is hot.

I sit shirtless as I imagine many are, trying to keep cool.

All I have up top is a chain and my wedding ring.

Yet it strikes me - is this unusual? I cannot bear to wear a ring on my finger.
When I was young I read Lorna Doone and John Ridd, the hero, speaks of not being able to wear a ring as it strangles a finger.
And that's how I feel.

Somewhere in the National Maritime Museum is a full length portrait - it may be of Philip II and he wears his wedding ring round his neck too.

I make no pleas about not wearing it because of working with machinery or because it catches on things. I just can't stand it.

For years I did not wear a wrisch for the same reason and carried it in my pocket. Now I can wear it loosely on my wrist during the day - but not while driving - it must come off.

I do have a pocket watch which I use occasionally.

But the weird thing is that, quite independently, my sister (born Calder Drive Thurso) wears her ring round her neckl on a chain too.

I guess we are weird - but I wondered if we are unique......?

John Little
28-Jun-10, 22:04
My previous post should read 'wrisch' but I have tried to edit the typo 4 times I think and it will not change - sorry.

Anfield
28-Jun-10, 22:04
Go back indoors John, the heat is getting to you

upolian
28-Jun-10, 22:05
Rite ok......

John Little
28-Jun-10, 22:07
I mean a watch that you put round your wrist. Why should Caithness Org not want to use that word?

John Little
28-Jun-10, 22:08
If you don't believe me try typing w.....watch in a reply

Dadie
28-Jun-10, 22:10
I love my wedding ring, engagement ring and my grandmas wedding ring on my finger!
My watch very rarely gets worn now as its too loose and I prefer it tighter.
My other rings, earings and necklaces are seldom worn as little people with a magpie instinct for anything shiny, sticky fingers and iron grasps try to remove them for me...and I found it really painfull getting my earings pulled and nearly garrotted with a necklace!
When going out (v. rarely) I like to wear my jewellery as it makes it more of a treat... the whole dressing up thing....

Hubby wears his wedding ring and a watch most of the time and doesnt have any other jewellery to his name.

John Little
28-Jun-10, 22:12
Wrisch This is weird!!!!

LOL!

Sporran
28-Jun-10, 22:43
I usually wear a wrisch, except for when I'm indoors at home.

Bloomin' 'eck! The correct word doesn't come out for me here either!!! :confused

Must be some kind of Org glitch! An Orglitch!! :eek:

wicker8
28-Jun-10, 22:48
Wrist watch

Sporran
28-Jun-10, 22:53
Hmm, but wrist watch works OK, as long as you type it as two separate words, instead of one!

Blarney
28-Jun-10, 23:02
[quote=John Little;729134] "It is hot.

All I have up top is a chain and my wedding ring."

I suppose, alluding to your other thread re orgers' gender, that this is confirmation that you really are a bloke! Unless of course the females in Kent are used to stripping off their kit and letting it all hang out in hot weather.

Bobinovich
28-Jun-10, 23:07
There's a certain word starting & ending in T which activates the auto-censor, hence is removed ;)

DeHaviLand
28-Jun-10, 23:09
Just the same as it wont let you say you had gone to Shorpe on holiday;)

Metalattakk
28-Jun-10, 23:40
Just the same as it wont let you say you had gone to Shorpe on holiday;)

Do you mean 'Scυnthorpe'?

Phill
28-Jun-10, 23:54
A little overbearing isn't it, however I did find a word it doesn't censor :Razz

Anyway, on topic.....

I've been through several wedding rings (and wristwαtches) but only the one wifie, two had to be cut off due to various reasons and more recently....I just don't do body adornments in general.
I wear a watch out of necessity but end up taking it off after a short while and loosing it.
I don't wear a necklace, bracelet or earrings but I have in the past.

I despise wearing glasses but I find contact lenses do not agree with me so I am stuck with them.

I do have all my wedding rings though......somewhere.....

Metalattakk
28-Jun-10, 23:58
When I'm in the house, the glasses, wrist watch and wedding ring are off, perched on the computer desk right in front of me.

When I go out, they are all put back on again. Then when I get to work, they're all off again. The only time I wear them all is when I'm outside. :D

Edit: Oh, I forgot....the teeth as well. :lol:

ducati
29-Jun-10, 07:56
My previous post should read 'wrisch' but I have tried to edit the typo 4 times I think and it will not change - sorry.

It does :confused What the hell are you talking about? :lol:

ducati
29-Jun-10, 07:57
Wrist watch

Nobody likes a smartarse :lol:

ducati
29-Jun-10, 08:04
I've never worn jewellery, didnt even discuss getting a wedding ring (25 years ago) (reminds me, about time to replace wifies as it is microscopically thin these days). Just re-read that bit and could be open to interpretation :eek:

Not worn a wrisch (ha ha!) since I was at school either. :lol:

Hey it changed after I edited!

laguna2
29-Jun-10, 09:02
Only times I take my watch off are when I am in bed and in the shower! Wedding ring used to always be on my finger, but now I have a new one (replacing old ring) and for some strange reason I only wear it when I go out!

John Little
29-Jun-10, 09:38
[quote=John Little;729134] "It is hot.

All I have up top is a chain and my wedding ring."

I suppose, alluding to your other thread re orgers' gender, that this is confirmation that you really are a bloke! Unless of course the females in Kent are used to stripping off their kit and letting it all hang out in hot weather.

Aye well Blarney - some of them show so much anyway that they might as well.
I'm just an old fogey really but some of them I would screw the door shut before letting them go out on the street if they were daughter of mine.

But then again - my S-D would never have dreamed of going out like that.

John Little
29-Jun-10, 13:20
So anyway I much prefer a pockech to a wrisch because it does not constrict the movement of your wrist. And a wrisch does that undoubtedly.

LOL!!

An Orglitch indeed!

I wonder if there are any others?

WRISCH in caps.....

It does not like pocket watch either as one word.

Phill
29-Jun-10, 13:23
Wristwαtch
Pocketwαtch

Must be yer spellin John.

:Razz

John Little
29-Jun-10, 13:27
I reckon you are a Mod!!

Not a rocker though.

Bazeye
29-Jun-10, 17:36
Dont wear a watch and only wear wedding ring when going out. only other jewellery is left tragus and left nipple. Chains are in my dungeon.