PDA

View Full Version : bins

knittingkitten04
28-Jun-10, 21:10
Just moved to Thurso :)...can anyone tell me which bins are for what, we have a black/grey one, a blue box and a green one?

Dadie
28-Jun-10, 21:13
Black one is rubbish for the tip
green for garden waste for composting, so, no rocks etc
blue is for paper and tins.
you have to go to the bottle banks for glass

Kodiak
28-Jun-10, 21:16
It is the Brown Bin for Garden Waste not Green. Green is the same as the Grey one, General Rubbish.

aburns2409
28-Jun-10, 21:16
Welcome to Thurso, hope you enjoy your stay.. black/grey one - waste - household rubbish..., a blue box - recycling one... and a green one - grass/garden waste... Now i think that is right - i am sure someone will let me know if i am not xx

Dadie
28-Jun-10, 21:19
My brown one was swallowed by the scaffy cart and was replaced with a green one when I stayed in Thurso!

Kodiak
28-Jun-10, 21:24
Well I have Four Bins. One Grey, One Green, One Brown and a small Blue one.
The Grey and Green ones are for general Rubbish, the Blue one is for recycling Paper & Tins and the Brown is for Garden Rubbish. If I put in the wrong stuff in the incorrect coloured bin they just will not empty it and leave it on the pavement. This is in Thurso.

knittingkitten04
28-Jun-10, 21:53
Thanks for help... Are they all emptied on the same day?

Sara Jevo
28-Jun-10, 21:58
Thanks for help... Are they all emptied on the same day?

It'll depend where you stay.

The council publishes a collection schedule once a year. In my street, they alternate the garden refuse bin (mine is brown) and the recycling box (blue) on a Monday, with the general wheely-bin (black, I think) on a Wednesday.

But it'll vary across town, I imagine.

If you pop into the counci office in Rotterdam Street, I expect they'll have a copy of the collection schedule you could take away.

Dadie
28-Jun-10, 22:01
Best bet is to scan what the rest of the street is putting out, that is about as organised as I was with the bins:lol: