PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday, but are you Really happy today?

Elenna
23-Jun-06, 18:14
According to an expert, today is supposed to be the happiest day of the year. See The Article Here (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/23062006/323/happiest-day-year-june-23-british-scholar-finds.html)

Well...my day hasn't been too bad. A decent Friday, though nothing spectacular. However, I don't think I've been particularly happier today than any other day. How about everyone else? :)

Scout
23-Jun-06, 18:20
Me with a big smile:D But I think I am like you. There is really no diffrent today then any other day.

young_fishin_neep
23-Jun-06, 18:22
the only reason im happyer today is because its my bday tomorow:)

kaz

Itoshi
23-Jun-06, 18:26
Happiness is not just the absence of unhappiness.

orkneylass
23-Jun-06, 18:30
I'm happy - I sold my house yesterday and my husband is coming home from his 6 week motorbike tour of Europe next week, and it's Friday!:Razz:grin:

mccaugm
23-Jun-06, 19:04
My Friday has been fine, sold an item on Ebay and got the cheque today, went shopping in peace as my sons cousin offered to mind him, had la lovely lunch with no distractions, had coffee with a friend , had a relaxing afternoon and am awaiting my hubby coming home with a lovely Chinese meal tonight. So all in all today has been just fine.

Apologies to all those who have had a bad day!

mccaugm
23-Jun-06, 19:04
My Friday has been fine, sold an item on Ebay and got the cheque today, went shopping in peace as my sons cousin offered to mind him, had la lovely lunch with no distractions, had coffee with a friend , had a relaxing afternoon and am awaiting my hubby coming home with a lovely Chinese meal tonight. So all in all today has been just fine.

Apologies to all those who have had a bad day!

obiron
23-Jun-06, 19:53
most of the day was fine but had to tidy up the boys bedroom and was a bit grrrrrrr. its tidy so the day is going fine again.

lassieinfife
23-Jun-06, 22:07
my Friday was awful .... phone call at 7:30 this morning asking if I could do day shift? ..........that starts at 7:30......... deliveries late all day and was late getting home ....... hurt my back:roll: and all I have to look forward to is 12 hour shifts Saturday and Sunday ............... sighs:~(

landmarker
23-Jun-06, 22:14
I've been happy. The sun shone, the arthritis wasnae too bad, I got an early finish and I put another drivers wagon in a loading bay 'cos he couldn't do it. I almost made a balls of it myself incidentally.
Home to a fine tea from the chippy - puddin' chips and peas. Folk came around to look at our house - on the market for just three days- they seemed to like it. They were oh! so young though...blimey!

Visited grand-daughter and played footy and badminton, I won - she's only three!

then back home to open Banrock Station's spesh shiraz resereve from Sainsbury's....life is sweet.It's goin' down well.
Isn't it about now (this time of year) when we start to work for ourselves rather than the tax man? It's been a long slog.

I hope your back is soon better lassieinfife - I know all about bad backs - dreadful.
Weekend beckons and some good football to look forward to.........

Bingobabe
23-Jun-06, 23:35
Had a very bad day today ggggrrrrrrrr!!!:~(

Cedric Farthsbottom III
23-Jun-06, 23:41
Had a very bad day today ggggrrrrrrrr!!!:~(

Awwwwww,poor Bingobabe.Its Friday,had ma Crunchie.:lol:

Bingobabe
23-Jun-06, 23:53
Awwwwww,poor Bingobabe.Its Friday,had ma Crunchie.:lol:

Had my mars bar but never helped!!!!![lol]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
23-Jun-06, 23:57
Had my mars bar but never helped!!!!![lol]

Ye had a Mars Bar so do ye now believe!!I did for a wee whiley,but ate a biscuit Boost and felt much better!!!:lol:

Jeid
24-Jun-06, 03:11
Can't say I am tbh.

connieb19
24-Jun-06, 03:14
Can't say I am tbh.tbh????:)....

Sporran
24-Jun-06, 03:58
Well I didn't have too bad a day at work. Everything went quite smoothly, and no grumpy customers, only pleasant ones, which was nice. The worst part of the day was having to be dolled up and ready to leave for work by 8 o' clock this morning - and I'm not a morning person!

Yesterday was even better though, as it was one of my two days off. I didn't have to get up so early, some new clothes I'd ordered arrived in the mail, looked even better than expected, and fit just right. Wound up the day watching The New World movie for the first time, sipping some of my favourite sangria at home. Thoroughly enjoyed the movie, which was filmed not far from here. Very atmospheric, with beautiful cinematography and music.

Overall, this June has been a happy month for me, so far! :)

canuck
24-Jun-06, 05:18
I saw the Jays and the Mets play at the Sky Dome. It was great!

Ricco
24-Jun-06, 09:04
the only reason im happyer today is because its my bday tomorow:)

kaz

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/Ricco_T/cake.jpgHappy birthday, wee neep. Make sure yer ma takes youout and buys you something nice.

My Friday was a good'un because it was the end of a busy week and last night was our Leavers' Prom. They all looked absolutely wonderful. A great but long evening.

Elenna
24-Jun-06, 10:09
Well...that sure seems a mixed bag :D.

Congratulations to those who had really good days, and commiserations to those who didn't! I wouldn't say that the day quite looks like it qualified as THE Happiest Day of the Year, though. :roll:

squidge
24-Jun-06, 12:41
I have had a very unhappy fortnight - lots of tears - but yesterday was the best day so far. lots of giggle glass of wine in the office yesterdayand lots of cuddles with Robert the Bruce. Yes - yesterday i was happy

Ricco
24-Jun-06, 14:30
Young fishing neep - I don/t know what happened to the picture - so I have placed another birthday wish cake here:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/Ricco_T/summer20blossom20cake20010.jpg

Ricco
24-Jun-06, 14:31
Dang, that's big! Should I reduce the size before posting them up to Photobucket?

connieb19
24-Jun-06, 14:33
Ricco, with a cake that big, I was expecting some-one to jump out of it..lol:)

Ricco
24-Jun-06, 14:35
Hey! I was hoping you would... ;)

Chillie
24-Jun-06, 14:36
Ricco, with a cake that big, I was expecting some-one to jump out of it..lol:)

Well it certainly won't be you Connie, as this cake is still to small to fit you inside it.[lol]

Bingobabe
24-Jun-06, 14:37
Hey! I was hoping you would... ;)Connie you better watch yourself lol!!!

connieb19
24-Jun-06, 14:42
Well it certainly won't be you Connie, as this cake is still to small to fit you inside it.[lol]But the cake's still too small to fill your gob Chillie...:roll:

gee
24-Jun-06, 14:44
sorry to put a downer on this, but it was a seriously bad day. bad week, many tears.

Ricco
24-Jun-06, 14:44
Ladies, ladies.. I still need some advice about the cake... er, the picture. Do I reduce the size before uploading? I thought Photobucket was supposed to do that.:)

Elenna
24-Jun-06, 14:52
A virtual hug for you, gee. I hope things get better soon.

And I can't help you, Ricco...I've never used Photobucket. That sure is one BIG cake in one BIG pic, though! :lol:

cuddlepop
24-Jun-06, 15:04
was so tired lastnight think i did my last few hours on auto pilot.The day was no happier than usual.
Gee sorry you had a rough time of it last week,you know its suppose to make you a stonger person.Dont no how but thought i'd pass it on anyway.:eek:

Ricco
24-Jun-06, 15:08
I think I have cracked it! Fresh cake - special for the birthday girl.

Ricco
24-Jun-06, 15:12
whoops!! Guess not.-

Maybe this time:

Ricco
24-Jun-06, 15:13
Give up! :confused

cuddlepop
24-Jun-06, 15:18
Ricco ,tried to down size my photo's but could't give Phoenix a pm, she's alwas posting photo's so perhapse she'l no :Razz