PDA

View Full Version : A request from Wilson and Brewster

munron
27-Jun-10, 20:03
We are looking for a nice comfy armchair for our room in the shed. If you have anything suitable please let us know. We dont mind paying a little bit for a really comfy chair and can hopefully get daddy to pick it up for us.

Many thanks

Wilson and Brewster aged 8 weeks

munron
27-Jun-10, 20:10
Hi Wilson here, as you can see I am very cute and I am also a girl before anyone thinks my stupid name infers. My brother is a bit shy but he said if mum gets us an armchair he will pose and purr no bother :)

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p216/munron_photos/P6260036.jpg

dragonfly
27-Jun-10, 20:58
sorry no chair but what a cutie!

unicorn
27-Jun-10, 21:58
Awwwwwww she is so like her sister Cleo :D Delighted you got them. Wilson did not like my daughter, every time she touched her she got spat at lol

Liz
28-Jun-10, 11:13
Aaaawww what a wee cutie Wilson is!:D Come on out Brewster and let us see you and we'll try to find you a comfy chair.:lol:

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
28-Jun-10, 13:41
wow NICOLA has a CAT...................

cute though xx

munron
28-Jun-10, 16:35
Whats more I have handled said kitties.

Wilson is the feisty one and bold as brass, but Brewster is coming along. I might have bought them a deluxe scratch post tower today but if Daddy asks then granda made it up of things he found in his garage :)

Liz
28-Jun-10, 18:54
Ha ha. Can Granda make a chair as well?;)

Have you tried the charity shops?

munron
28-Jun-10, 19:30
Not yet but I will take a pootle around cheers Liz. They are supposed to live in my tack room which will be heated in the winter but as I have no door on it yet they are in Windys stable. They seem to like living on the beams above Paddys stable though, he seen them yesterday when the farrier was in and Wilson hissed at him, even the farrier laughed as poor pads near pooped himself.

They will all get used to each other though.

Wilson purred tonight when I picked her up and Brewster has gone his dinger with his new scratch tower. Cant believe I have been so lucky to get such easy oasy ones, which for a cat virgin like me has given me confidence to handle and play with them.

unicorn
28-Jun-10, 19:56
They absolutely love to climb, my two are always running up and down the cat tree [lol]

munron
28-Jun-10, 20:06
I am so glad we all got the siblings so we can see what they all get up to. I know mines are supposed to be hard barn cats but I am sure they will visit my house at some point. Must have a look again at your two but I think daddy must have been a tabby :)

Someone picked up another wee one before I took these two and they were off to tesco or pets at home to load up.

unicorn
28-Jun-10, 20:19
It's good to see them going off to new homes :D

carasmam
29-Jun-10, 16:59
They are lovely. Cant help with a chair though.

Where are Coco and Dunbar? ;) (Wheels to the rails :lol:)

donnick
29-Jun-10, 19:28
i take it u have looked there :eek:

munron
12-Aug-10, 19:09
Just to let you know we lost Brewster to a tragic accident the other day, he was a lovely and loved boy and the prettiest kitty ever, RIP little baby brew.

Wilson appeared initially fine after sniffing his body but was crying in the morning and I think spent the night under the coal bunker. I had to do something so another young man was looking for a home so along came Koko (you have to watch cbeebies). Wilson seems curious and although he is not up to playing like her brother did but he is coming round and I think he will be a cheeky and noisy rascal.

It is a very sad time for us, but Wilsons feelings are our priority so I think she is happy with a possible adoptive bro, thanks Froal for putting the post on and thanks to Kokos owners for trusting us with him x

Sarah
12-Aug-10, 19:15
I'm sorry for your loss of Brewster :( RIP little one.
Good of you to offer a home to Koko.

unicorn
12-Aug-10, 19:18
So sad to hear you have lost Brewster :~(

munron
12-Aug-10, 19:23
Thanks both, we are devastated to say the least :( But we had a very short time with Brew but he got to climb trees, play games and in all be a cat so it might have been short but I hope it was sweet. He will have a tree planted in his memory.

bustergirl
12-Aug-10, 19:51
aww i am so sorry on your loss what happened?:~(

unicorn
12-Aug-10, 20:11
My 2 have not been let out yet but they run absolute riot in the house, I have been saying they will go out soon but now my daughter says no way :roll:

munron
12-Aug-10, 20:37
They got out through the side of the doors, which have since been blocked up, I was going to PM you Unicorn and not post but I figured I should let everyone know as I had posted previously

Jenni
12-Aug-10, 22:55
Are you still looking for a chair for your kittys? I am getting a new suite delivered in a couple of weeks so will have a sofa and chair going free. Still in reasonable condition so may do someone for their house but you are welcome to have for your kittens.

balto
12-Aug-10, 23:43
what a shame, so sorry for your lose, i mind when sandy died the effect it had on poor bennny was so sad to watch, but they are no reunited in heaven, it was a good thing to get another kitten, to help no only your greiving but brewsters sister.

teenybash
13-Aug-10, 00:35
How sad to hear Brewster had to leave.....RIP wee kitty cat.
Wilson will love her new friend......

munron
13-Aug-10, 07:03
Thanks again everyone for their thoughts x

Jenni yes I am still looking if you PM your details I could arrange for it to be picked up. Depending on size though I might only be able to take the chair or sofa from you so let me know if that is ok, in saying that though I could get the other item taken to the drop off for homeaid. Thanks very much.

Liz
13-Aug-10, 13:33
Oh munron I am so very, very sorry on the sad loss of Brewster.:~(:~(

His time with you was cruelly cut short but you have some lovely memories to comfort you.

It was a good idea to get Wilson a new wee pal.

A lot of people don't realise that pets grieve just like we do and I find that the homeopathic remedy Ignatia really helps.

munron
13-Aug-10, 14:53
Thank you Liz, caring and kind as always :)

Jenni
15-Aug-10, 22:08
Hi munron
I am waiting for the suppliers to contact me with delivery date for my new suite so will contact you once I know to see if you still want chair/sofa.

Dadie
15-Aug-10, 23:15
At least he got to see and smell his pal was dead.
It sounds strange but if animals see and smell the dead animal they accept it.
And get over it a lot faster than you think....

balto
15-Aug-10, 23:22
what sort of statement is that "at least he got to see and smell his pal was dead" that sounds so heartless. animals suffer the same as us, i mind when sandy died benny was in bits afterwards he wouldnt eat or anything.

Dadie
15-Aug-10, 23:44
Its an animal thing!
If they see and smell their friend when dead they seem to accept it easier than them just disappearing!
They understand they are dead...
And can move on.
Pick holes why dont you!
oh and selectively quote me!

unicorn
16-Aug-10, 08:20
what sort of statement is that "at least he got to see and smell his pal was dead" that sounds so heartless. animals suffer the same as us, i mind when sandy died benny was in bits afterwards he wouldnt eat or anything.
It is actually a very good thing for cats, I have done the same, when my cats sister was killed on the road after being missing for days I let her see her as she had been pining so much and the difference was amazing as she knew she was gone. So yes as Dadie says it is an animal thing, they do not go on looking for them and they accept it.

bustergirl
16-Aug-10, 11:14
its not all the time they get over it as when my cat sandy died benny went over to him and ley on him trying to wake him up he dd smell him but he didnt get over it untill we got him a friend you two have your opinions but they arnt always right !

unicorn
16-Aug-10, 14:05
This is an extract from this link on Cat Grieving by Sarah Hartwell
http://www.messybeast.com/cat-grief.htm

The display of grief in cats is due to the absence of someone familiar. In humans it is, in part, due to the realisation that we will never see that person alive again i.e. to our understanding of the permanence of death.
Some researchers believe a cat's concept of death is similar to a young child's concept of death i.e. they lack the concept of death being a permanent state. Cats appear to comprehend a state of someone not being alive - body temperature changes, smell changes etc. From my own observations, whether they make the link between a corpse and someone previously alive is not certain, but many cats stop looking for an absent companion after being shown the body of a deceased companion. Therefore cats probably have some comprehension that something dead cannot become alive again. This may be linked to the fact they are predators.
Some owners ask whether it is best to let the cat see the body of the deceased companion. This is not always possible, for example when a human companion dies in hospital (bodies are rarely laid out in the home these days), when the cat dies at the vet surgery and is sent for cremation/burial from there or when there is no body (the absent cat has gone missing or been relinquished to a shelter or new home). It has been known for cats to wait at the window, or sit on a gate-post, waiting for the absent party to return.
If the deceased has died at home or you are bringing the body home and there is no danger of infection then it is a personal choice whether to let the cat see the deceased. Some owners say that the surviving cats do not search for a companion, having seen the body. Others say that any medical smells on the body disturbed their other cats. They may sniff around the body, lick it and maybe try to wake their companion before concluding that their friend has gone. If there is no danger of infection and you believe that it will help your other cats come to terms with the loss of a companion, then by all means allow them to see and smell the body. My surviving cats have often sat in the garden to oversee the grave-digging and burial of a companion. One of my cats regularly sat on the grave of her companion cat for years after his death.