PDA

View Full Version : Did someone say heatwave?

Invisible
27-Jun-10, 13:00
By gosh its hot outside. Someone mentioned to me last week that this weekend we are getting a heatwave. I do believe its arrived.

upolian
27-Jun-10, 13:04
I will agree,i've been outside working since 7am and by god am i tanned:lol:

ShelleyCowie
27-Jun-10, 13:45
Its lovely :) OH cut the grass, kids mucked around outside and i strimmed. Just got Athrun home after his wee holidays since Wednesday and chased him around for an hour!

Looks like it might rain now though. back in for a nap. Then if it isnt raining....swing park later :D

Invisible
27-Jun-10, 13:48
Its lovely :) OH cut the grass, kids mucked around outside and i strimmed. Just got Athrun home after his wee holidays since Wednesday and chased him around for an hour!

Looks like it might rain now though. back in for a nap. Then if it isnt raining....swing park later :D

Athrun going to push you on the swings aye?

brandy
27-Jun-10, 13:53
been outside all day.. took pics this morning about 5 am in the garden.. so lovley and peaceful!

John Little
27-Jun-10, 13:54
Aye - it's hot down here.

My wife is in the pond.

ShelleyCowie
27-Jun-10, 13:55
Athrun going to push you on the swings aye?

I hope so! i loves the swings lol :lol:

wicker8
27-Jun-10, 14:01
yes its a bonnie day ,makes me lazy

wicker8
27-Jun-10, 14:02
I will agree,i've been outside working since 7am and by god am i tanned:lol: hope your not in that fake tan lotion :Razz

wicker8
27-Jun-10, 14:03
Aye - it's hot down here.

My wife is in the pond. fish the poor woman out john

upolian
27-Jun-10, 14:13
hope your not in that fake tan lotion :Razz

Definately not

Im now a walking BBQ:lol::roll:

John Little
27-Jun-10, 14:27
fish the poor woman out john

Ach no! She's in there with her only her nostrils showing above the lilypads - she'll be oot when it cools down.....

Actually she is in the pond with waders on trimming water plants and making holes in the mud to push new plants into. She's as happy as a pig in.................... well you know what I mean.

So follow me follow
Down to the Hollow
And there let us wallow
In glorious MUD!

Thursolass
27-Jun-10, 16:44
It's only 11:30am here and it's 96 degrees outside, the temp on the local weather channel has it at 105. I just want to have a cold iced tea and not have to move off the sofa which is convenienty next to the A/C vent!:cool:

Alan16
27-Jun-10, 17:42
It's only 11:30am here and it's 96 degrees outside, the temp on the local weather channel has it at 105. I just want to have a cold iced tea and not have to move off the sofa which is convenienty next to the A/C vent!:cool:

I refuse to understand what those strange values you gave for temperature mean! :D

But yeah, it's pretty hot today in Edinburgh, but it's been like this all week now. Sunburningbathing time I think... :D

wicker8
27-Jun-10, 17:54
Ach no! She's in there with her only her nostrils showing above the lilypads - she'll be oot when it cools down.....

Actually she is in the pond with waders on trimming water plants and making holes in the mud to push new plants into. She's as happy as a pig in.................... well you know what I mean.

So follow me follow
Down to the Hollow
And there let us wallow
In glorious MUD! ah i see mud glorious mud ,mind you i bet your pond is nice and a mud baths good for the skin :Razz

Hoida
27-Jun-10, 18:24
Very heavy thunder storm in the west and looks as though it ain't over yet. Hopefully it will clear the air :roll:

Dadie
27-Jun-10, 21:09
The darn midgies were out in force along with the sun... so rather than get bitten and sunburned to a crisp I tackled cleaning the oven... not my favourite job ... but it had to be done sooner or later and I had put off doing it for long enough!
The girls played outside for most of the day and are covered in midgie bites:eek:
Tried scrubbing Iona at bathtime and have decided the back of her neck and top of her head is tanned and not dirty!

Fluff
27-Jun-10, 21:38
so so hot, it's great!! 30 degrees here today. I have spent all day outside, in uniform and boots for armed forces day, I cannot remember the last time I sweated so much

Thursolass
28-Jun-10, 00:36
I refuse to understand what those strange values you gave for temperature mean! :D

But yeah, it's pretty hot today in Edinburgh, but it's been like this all week now. Sunburningbathing time I think... :D

If you take note of my location you will see why the values are "strange" We use the farenheight scale here.:cool:

Alan16
28-Jun-10, 00:42
If you take note of my location you will see why the values are "strange" We use the farenheight scale here.:cool:

I saw that. But I still consider a temperature scale strange when 32 and 212 are the freezing and boiling points of water respectively. :D

brandy
28-Jun-10, 10:46
wow thursogirl.. you must be boling.. my poor mum cant even go outside now as its too hot for her.. shes in NC btw.. and shes to frail to handle the heat. she tries to get on the porch in the evenings though!
your AC bill must be thru the roof!
another beautiful day here.. off to chaperone the school trip in a bit.. so will be outside all day! i have the sunscrean ready to go! forgot to put it on sam this morning so will get him when i see him at school!
washing is all going to be out as long as this weather lasts!

ShelleyCowie
28-Jun-10, 15:39
OMG its melting today! Honestly....im melting away here!! Tried to sit outside, no chance! far too hot for me. :(

And being so fussy at night times doesnt help! I cant sleep without a duvet over me.......but its too hot! There is no winning unless im cold. I love being cold

John Little
28-Jun-10, 15:48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krl_pXXfKEI