PDA

View Full Version : Police Check Point

adi1
26-Jun-10, 18:33
Wonder why they have a check point with DOT on a Saturday evening near Thurso High school? Seems strange to me [smirk]

skinnydog
26-Jun-10, 19:00
Probably just doing road license checks and stuff like that. They are there quite often, have you never seen them there before??

motopitcrew
26-Jun-10, 19:04
they have had that thair every month this year on a saturday night supose they are trying to justify the wadges they get . i for one dont think they deserve a penny

Tubthumper
26-Jun-10, 19:11
What would you suggest they do to earn their wages? Perhaps something to reduce the awful toll of people killed on Caithness roads?

sandyr1
26-Jun-10, 19:17
they have had that thair every month this year on a saturday night supose they are trying to justify the wadges they get . i for one dont think they deserve a penny

What are Wadges??

upolian
26-Jun-10, 19:19
What are Wadges??

Wages.........

skinnydog
26-Jun-10, 19:22
They are at least trying to catch bandits who don't tax their cars, insure their cars or bother to get an MOT.

Why should I have to shell out faithfully every year for all of the above and others not and get away with it scott free? Of course they should be out there doing road checks.

How would you feel if you were involved in an accident and they didnt have any of the above? You would be pretty wild I am sure.

sandyr1
26-Jun-10, 19:31

Wages.........

Oh wow ...tks. posted that earlier....

adi1
26-Jun-10, 19:34
Surely it's a good thing if it stop's some of the cretins who race up and down the road? Some of them can't even see out the windscreen because their seats are that low

upolian
26-Jun-10, 19:49
Oh wow ...tks. posted that earlier....

???????????????

Gronnuck
26-Jun-10, 19:50
Good - maybe they can check the roadworthiness of some of the wrecks that run about the area and catch the numpties that flout the law and drive without a Driving Licence, Road Fund Licence or Car Insurance. IMO anyone who flouts the law in this way should have their car crushed and a fine to cover the cost of the police operation. [disgust] There is no excuse. [evil]

Serenity
26-Jun-10, 19:53
Surely it's a good thing if it stop's some of the cretins who race up and down the road? Some of them can't even see out the windscreen because their seats are that low

Unfortunately I doubt that will be a criteria :(
Would like to more of these and less pointless speed traps.

horseman
26-Jun-10, 21:06
You think for maybe you have a first time right on that-----
Try northamptonshire on a weekend--knee deep in idiots ---
But hey I should think this maybe be restricted to english idjets-best forget that one, an as a one who has just traversed the usa--forget even the idea---we have just as many tossers as they have- an ye better believe it--
No best go0d , but don' you even disbelive it bfor a second..

Dog-eared
26-Jun-10, 21:12
Seen them there before. There's a convenient carpark just off the road there to usher a line of cars into.

Mik.M.
26-Jun-10, 22:04
About time too,they need to do it at lunchtime on a week day aswell because they cruise up and down the street trying to impress the schoolgirls.

Tubthumper
26-Jun-10, 22:12
Isn't that illegal? On a number of levels??:eek: