PDA

View Full Version : Daylight!

Tugmistress
25-Jun-10, 22:56
I've been up here 8 years come October 1st, and it still amazes me just how much daylight there is here in summer - best move i EVER made :D

Blarney
25-Jun-10, 23:20
We sort of take it for granted and never think about it until we go further south where darkness drops like a curtain especially when in England.
That reminded me of midnight swimming in the Trinkie on the summer solstice - it was great fun and lots of people used to WALK out to see the swimmers. It was just like an overcast day and you could see perfectly clearly. I don't even know what state the Trinkie is in at the moment??

Tubthumper
25-Jun-10, 23:25
I know where there's a huge pot of money to get the Trinkie done up!!

Oh, wait a minute.... :D

Phill
26-Jun-10, 00:06
Currently darn sarf in dirty 'orrible englandershire and 'twas black early and has been for some time.

Hot though, which is OK, but humid sticky hot which is poo.
Stuck in a hot, sticky, humid hotel room cooling myself off with a stella or two!

crayola
26-Jun-10, 00:10

How many lanes would it have and would it be easier to attract a good headteacher to the Trinkie than to the Bignold?

These are important questions and we need FACTS before we take this forward.

It's dark here.

pegasus
26-Jun-10, 14:48
Ive noticed that the sunnier the day the better the mood. :cool: Our body clocks uses light to produce active hormones. We also needthe benefits of dark to produce nightime hormones too much light and the delicate balacne is disrupted.

Blarney
26-Jun-10, 23:22

Maybe we should get KS co-opted on to the WADF committee as I understand that she could get cash out of anyone. She could then pay it back to the Gala committee and they might use it to revamp the Trinkie. How many lanes did you want and would there be enough left over to build some changing rooms?