PDA

View Full Version : More than one Alias/Username on a forum, Why??

aurora32
25-Jun-10, 15:34
Something that i was wondering, why do some feel the need to have more than one alias on forums and even comment on their own threads under that said other username. Seems a bit odd :confused but thats just my view on the matter.

Anyone else?

ClachanHope
25-Jun-10, 15:39
To blow their own trumpet but make it look like someone else is doing it.????
Boost their own ego??????
Have a split personality?????
Or just so someone will start a thread on it and make a conversation out of it.
Does it really matter?????

upolian
25-Jun-10, 15:39
I have no idea,but i have noticed a few people are doing it.

ClachanHope
25-Jun-10, 15:40
I wouldn't know how to.....:lol:

Invisible
25-Jun-10, 15:56
Its to make them look good.................................hold on im gonna log out then back in to agree with this post:lol:

Tubthumper
25-Jun-10, 16:14
It's no us! We're confused but we wouldna get in a fight wi' oorsels!:eek: Would we??

Leanne
25-Jun-10, 16:35
Irony... lol

aurora32
25-Jun-10, 16:39
To blow their own trumpet but make it look like someone else is doing it.????
Boost their own ego??????
Have a split personality?????
Or just so someone will start a thread on it and make a conversation out of it.
Does it really matter?????

No it doesnt really matter, was just a passing question that was all.....:)

laguna2
25-Jun-10, 16:49
I thought you were only allowed one username on the forum, although I must admit I have sussed out at least one person who is using two!

ducati
25-Jun-10, 16:52
laguna2 :eek::eek::cool:

laguna2
25-Jun-10, 16:53
laguna2 :eek::eek::cool:

model of car!!!! lol

wifie
25-Jun-10, 17:06
laguna2 :eek::cool:

Aye I often wondered about the 2 ;)

Leanne
25-Jun-10, 17:22
I find it amusing trying to work out who Stavos is now ;)

Tubthumper
25-Jun-10, 18:06
Going to give a clue who??:eek:

Alan16
25-Jun-10, 18:08
Something that i was wondering, why do some feel the need to have more than one alias on forums and even comment on their own threads under that said other username. Seems a bit odd :confused but thats just my view on the matter.

Anyone else?

Well the voices in my head tell me they all have different opinions and that they want their own platform to broadcast these...

Kevin Milkins
25-Jun-10, 18:08
I always used to make an effort to welcome new people to the forum, but on more than one occasion I have suspected a newbie as a reincarnation of someone that has been banned.:eek:

I tend not to bother now as a result of the indignity of welcoming someone that I may have been glad to see the back of.:confused

trix
25-Jun-10, 19:32
yeah, i ken someone who uses two asweel. none o' them are very popular tho :lol:

what i da get is, how do people go 'invisible'...sorry...no' how, but why?

each til their own lek, i choost wondered.

Sarah
25-Jun-10, 19:36
Wow people do that? Seems kind of a waste of time :p

laguna2
25-Jun-10, 21:41
laguna2 :eek::cool:

Cos I am double the fun and double the trouble :lol:

Alice in Blunderland
25-Jun-10, 22:19
yeah, i ken someone who uses two asweel. none o' them are very popular tho :lol:

what i da get is, how do people go 'invisible'...sorry...no' how, but why?

each til their own lek, i choost wondered.

I use invisible having had hassle on this board (which threatened to come off the boards) I prefer it :) I still post not as much admittedly but at least they cannot see what I am looking at or doing.

unicorn
25-Jun-10, 22:43
I am here daily and I have spotted none.............should have gone to specsavers..............oh wait I did............oh well :roll:

Rictina
25-Jun-10, 22:48
I'm confuzzled, but each to their own hey ;).

Rheghead
25-Jun-10, 22:54
My eyes must be painted on because I hardly ever suspect anyone of having more than one account, how do you spot it please is it in the typing style, choice of words, recurrent typos?:confused

Tubthumper
25-Jun-10, 22:57
My eyes must be painted on because I hardly ever suspect anyone of having more than one account, how do you spot it please is it in the typing style, choice of words, recurrent typos?:confused
Good point - I can never spot any similarities.
I seem to remember there used to be a function on the 'admin' bit that stated when more than one user was registered at the same IP address. Don't know what happened to it though.
I imagine the admin staff would be able to spot the same email address being used.

Phill
25-Jun-10, 23:21
I have two too, not that I use them to argue wiv mesel, I can do that without the use of tinterweb.

I have another I use on me mobile so I don't have to mess about wiv remembering passwords, but I ain't posted with it yet.

Hmmmm.....yet!!

Alice in Blunderland
25-Jun-10, 23:23
I have two too, not that I use them to argue wiv mesel, I can do that without the use of tinterweb.

I have another I use on me mobile so I don't have to mess about wiv remembering passwords, but I ain't posted with it yet.

Hmmmm.....yet!!

Really !!! :lol: Truly ......... ;)Honest

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:MFCo74v_uhmoWM:http://ngin.tripod.com/pants400.jpg

imwithphill
25-Jun-10, 23:30

Yeah, wot he sez man. Totally agree.

But he is a complete idiot so I wouldn't listen to him.

mrlennie
26-Jun-10, 00:15
Yeah, wot he sez man. Totally agree.

But he is a complete idiot so I wouldn't listen to him.

Hello imwithphill welcome to the forum
;)

Invisible
26-Jun-10, 00:30
Aye I often wondered about the 2 ;)

Maybe laguna2 has two heads?

wifie
26-Jun-10, 00:37
Maybe laguna2 has two heads?

Two faced? :cool:

laguna2
26-Jun-10, 07:53

:cry: Ouch! That hurt! :cry:

horseman
26-Jun-10, 08:06
Really really can't see the point of this one.

Rheghead
26-Jun-10, 11:45
Really really can't see the point of this one.

Use your other account then?

John Little
26-Jun-10, 11:51
Where is Headrheg?
he hasn't posted for ages!

wifie
26-Jun-10, 12:15
:cry: Ouch! That hurt! :cry:

It was merely a suggestion! ;)

(wifie waits patiently for the revenge/wrath of laguna)

Invisible
26-Jun-10, 12:21

your words not mine

wifie
26-Jun-10, 12:24
As someone who has been accused of having a sock puppet TWICE I am laughin at this thread. I am wifie and only wifie just really can't see the point of bein someone else. Poop I have enough trouble decidin who I am!!! BTW the first person was sure I was this other person - if only - they have an amazing talent I could never emulate! The second person who thought I may have had an alias changed there mind fairly quickly but I was left not sure whether to be flattered or insulted!

I am guilty of asking others if they were past Orgers now departed but only because I saw similarities in their posts and they were Orgers I missed. :(

I also have no patience for posters who use their OH's log in to mislead . . .

wifie
26-Jun-10, 12:31
your words not mine

see the post above this one . . .

Ancient Mariner
26-Jun-10, 14:17
Wouldn't dream of using OH's log in. Although I think it possible she would use mine!!:eek:

Dadie
26-Jun-10, 21:43
Hmm
I kinda hijacked hubbys login when he first joined and now its mines!
He will only post in the for sale bit after asking my permission now:lol:
I didnt know you could have more than 1 person on in 1 email address ...
I cant remember my password on the email address he made for me so we use the same one aswell!