PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Power

brokencross
22-Jun-06, 19:38
Just seen on teletext that Scottish Power energy prices are going up within the next few weeks, approx 17% for the gas and 10% on the electricity.

And just another thought while I'm here.......this from the local press in Middlesbrough:-
"Football fans are giving Teesside recycling bosses a World Cup headache - by dumping mountains of old TVs. Hundreds of rejected sets are piling up every day at the Haverton Hill waste centre, as fans bid to catch the action on state-of-the-art screens. Almost new TVs are being chucked out to make way for the latest wide-screen, high definition models. People are telling us the TV they're throwing away is almost brand-new, but they wanted an upgrade to watch the World Cup. In two months alone, we got 81 tonnes of them." 81 tonnes of TV is a good few TV's

Talk about a throw away society!

The Pepsi Challenge
23-Jun-06, 09:41
... and considering Scottish Power just recorded a 31% increase in profits from last year, it's enough to make you want to send them to 'the chair'. The Swines. At least the rich won't mind too much. I pity poor Agnes, who lives three doors down from me: Last December, people in our block chipped in a few quid each so she would have enough heat for the winter, as she lives alone, is a pensioner and has little to live on (like so many others round here). Maybe we'll send a Xmas card with Agnes shivvering on the front to Scottish Power's boss, lying snug in his ivory tower in Bearsden, this year.