PDA

View Full Version : Missing parrot

fergie
25-Jun-10, 04:56
My daughters african grey parrot escaped today (Thursday) at lunchtime. She was seen flying towards Lyth village area. Please if you see her can you call me on 01955 641343 or 07789682332

stewart4364
25-Jun-10, 07:24
If you cam find your African grey and get close enough to it you may be able to catch it in a net or put out its cage in the garden and leave the door open to hopefully entice the bird back in when it is hungry. If this fails and the bird is not too far out of reach try turning a hose (assuming the bird is in an area where a hose is available) on it to simulate a heavy shower thus soaking its feathers -- doing this will stop the bird from flying and you should be able to pick it up. If this works put the bird in a warm place to dry -- it should be none the worse of being drenched and actually likely enjoy the experience.
Hope you manage to get the bird back.

Shabbychic
25-Jun-10, 16:51
Any luck yet in locating your Grey? You must be at your wits end, I know I would be if I lost mine. Fingers crossed you have a happy ending.

fergie
25-Jun-10, 17:49
No news of her yet:~(. We are going out again to look thisevening. We walked miles looking yesterday. If only this wind would die down a little it would make it a lot easier to hear if she answers when we whistle.

Liz
25-Jun-10, 18:16
I am so very sorry that you have lost your parrot and know how very worried you must be.
Thankfully the weather is nicer now so,hopefully, you will be able to see her and, more importantly, she will hear.

Really hope you get her back soon.

teenybash
26-Jun-10, 23:28
Keeping my finger crossed she returns home to you.

fergie
27-Jun-10, 02:01
Hi everyone - thanks for checking the thread - this is day 3 and she should be starting to get hungry and apparently look for human company. If anybody sees her - she loves cherries and grapes - a handfull will keep her busy until I can get her. Thanks again

kara
27-Jun-10, 14:40
i hope you get her home safe and well soon

Rictina
27-Jun-10, 21:34
Oh thats lovely news, good to hear.

fergie
27-Jun-10, 21:39
Great news, she has been found. She had gone all the way to Canisbay:eek:
She is very tired and thin, but is tucking into her dinner now. Thanks to the family in Canisbay for looking after her till we got there, and thanks to the SSPCA for contacting me so quickly. Its the best phonecall i have had this week:)

unicorn
27-Jun-10, 21:55
Brilliant news :D

Tubthumper
27-Jun-10, 22:21
I'm glad your parrot's safe and sound
And that in Canisbay was found
Now he is back with you around
No more you have to seek

He's lucky to survive a while
If he had flew a further mile
Result would not have been a smile
You would have felt quite weak

Cos chicken's rare in John O'Groats
Where folk feed parrots to their goats
And go round in feathered coats
On shopping trips to Week

So parrot's back on shoulder sat
A-nibbling cherries, getting fat
No more you're wond'ring where its at
A smile upon his beak

ciderally
27-Jun-10, 22:23
i like a good ending xxxx

Venture
27-Jun-10, 22:27
Great news, she has been found. She had gone all the way to Canisbay:eek:
She is very tired and thin, but is tucking into her dinner now. Thanks to the family in Canisbay for looking after her till we got there, and thanks to the SSPCA for contacting me so quickly. Its the best phonecall i have had this week:)

Great news fergie.:)

aurora32
27-Jun-10, 23:32
Great news :)

teenybash
27-Jun-10, 23:46
There is a very happy parrot in Caithness tonight I bet. Happy your feathered friend is home safe and sound with a little help from friends.:)

Shabbychic
28-Jun-10, 03:04
That's great news. :D:D

dbooth82
28-Jun-10, 07:10
great news :Razz

stewart4364
28-Jun-10, 09:03
I am glad that your African grey has been found safe and well -- I hope you gave it a good ticking off for disappearing out of his/her own garden because if it escapes again there may not be a happy reunion -- Did he/she understand what you were saying? Did it reply that he/she understood, that a lesson was learned and he/she would not try and escape again. IF ONLY IT WAS THIS EASY.

Anji
28-Jun-10, 09:20
I'm so glad you got your parrot back safe and well.
I bet she's tired out after flying all that way.

Well done to the people in Canisbay who took her in and looked after her for you.

Liz
28-Jun-10, 10:55
Oh that is brilliant news!!!! Well done to all concerned for the happy reunion.:D

Shabbychic
28-Jun-10, 14:32
How is she doing today? Has the lucky wee rascal recovered yet?:)

fergie
28-Jun-10, 17:53
She is looking much better today, amazing what a meal and a good nights sleep can do. The wolf whistling has started thisafternoon so i would say she is feeling a lot better too:)

Tubthumper
28-Jun-10, 18:59
Your wolf is missing as well?:eek:

fergie
28-Jun-10, 19:32
Your wolf is missing as well?:eek:

:lol:

Tubthumper - your poem was great too:)

Shabbychic
29-Jun-10, 01:20
She is looking much better today, amazing what a meal and a good nights sleep can do. The wolf whistling has started thisafternoon so i would say she is feeling a lot better too:)

It's when the swearing starts that you know things are really back to normal.:D