PDA

View Full Version : 1 day Makeup Clearance idea?

BeautyRocket
24-Jun-10, 12:09
Hi there - I am looking for some feedback on the idea of bringing our makeup clearance sale to Thurso (or Wick) for a 1-day sale and would like to gauge your feelings on this. Good idea? Would you be interested? Don't care?
When i started my business I used to go into big offices selling direct to staff in Glasgow and Edinburgh. I am now too busy to do this as i sell online. I am however considering doing these 1-day events again but instead of office buildings i want to visit more 'remote' area's of Scotland and hire a community centre (or similar) to hold the event.
Is this something you think would be of interest in Caithness or not? Any feedback would be gratefully received as these events require a fair bit of outlay to host so i need to be sure it would be welcomed rather than a flop!
Thanks for any feedback ladies (and guys!)

macbreeza
24-Jun-10, 12:27
What brands of make up would be on sale?? and what kind of discount? I live in Wick and would be interested.

tootz
24-Jun-10, 12:27
Great Idea!! Ill Be There :D

Topic
24-Jun-10, 12:30
Hi there yes what a brilliant idea, i certainly would come! What about asking the college at thurso, as they have a beauty and hairdressing section and maybe they would let you sell in the hall or somewhere for the day too (captive audience) lol ! seriously though the county could use something like this. do you only sell makeup or salon equip too?

BeautyRocket
24-Jun-10, 12:34
What brands of make up would be on sale?? and what kind of discount? I live in Wick and would be interested.

Hi and thanks for your response. Sorry, I forgot to mention the details lol!! I sell lots of the big brands and most prices are £1, £2 or £3. Have a look on my website to get an idea and feel for the sort of things that will be on offer and let me know what you think. Please note that there will be a much larger range on offer at the sale event compared to what's online at the moment. (website is beautyrocket.co.uk). Thanks!

macbreeza
24-Jun-10, 12:37
No point in considering college all pupils are finished for the summer break and not many staff in...........i know i work there! I think you would need to have one in Wick and one in Thurso as I wouldn't travel to Thurso to go to a make up clearance, and I doubt anyone from Thurso would go all the way to Wick especially either. There are lots of places to use as a venue, tons of empty shops in Wick!

BeautyRocket
24-Jun-10, 12:38
Hi there yes what a brilliant idea, i certainly would come! What about asking the college at thurso, as they have a beauty and hairdressing section and maybe they would let you sell in the hall or somewhere for the day too (captive audience) lol ! seriously though the county could use something like this. do you only sell makeup or salon equip too?

That's a brilliant idea, thanks so much for the tip as i wouldn't have thought of trying the college! That would be an ideal location, so glad i asked now.
Yes, i only sell makeup at the moment. I used to sell perfume and skincare as well but it was proving too expensive to buy and i felt i wasn't able to offer good enough discounts on it so i am now concentrating on makeup only.

BeautyRocket
24-Jun-10, 12:41
No point in considering college all pupils are finished for the summer break and not many staff in...........i know i work there! I think you would need to have one in Wick and one in Thurso as I wouldn't travel to Thurso to go to a make up clearance, and I doubt anyone from Thurso would go all the way to Wick especially either. There are lots of places to use as a venue, tons of empty shops in Wick!

Thanks for letting me know! Your feedback about Thurso/Wick is just what i needed to know as I wasn't sure about this. It would make more sense for me to hold a 1-day event at both locations then based on this info. Appreciate the feedback, cheers!

nicnak
24-Jun-10, 13:31
The college starts back at the end of august and I am sure all the beauty students and others would welcome the opportunity of buying make up etc at reasonable prices, I know I would! saying that I would travel to either Wick or Thurso too!

dirdyweeker
24-Jun-10, 14:02
Had a look at your web site, very good prices. I am sure everyone loves a bargain so you should have no problems selling.

Thumper
24-Jun-10, 15:14
Prices are very good,I would definately be interested,infact i think i will order from your website x

Doreen
24-Jun-10, 15:42
Briilliant idea do you sell max factor.

BeautyRocket
24-Jun-10, 18:32
Prices are very good,I would definately be interested,infact i think i will order from your website x

Oh thanks for your business and feedback Thumper :D Much appreciated!

BeautyRocket
24-Jun-10, 18:34
Briilliant idea do you sell max factor.

Hi Doreen, I do occassionally get Maxfactor but not very often and this is simply because Maxfactor is very expensive to buy at wholesale compared to other brands. Not sure why this is but it limits the amount of discount I can offer and I really want to offer real bargains.

Thumper
24-Jun-10, 18:57
Oh thanks for your business and feedback Thumper :D Much appreciated!

You are welcome...when you look like me you need lots of make up lol x

LMS
24-Jun-10, 18:59
I have sent you a PM. Check your User CP.

Doreen
24-Jun-10, 21:17
Went on to your website it is excellent.

BeautyRocket
25-Jun-10, 11:50
Hi LMS - as you know i'm new to this forum so i had no clue what a CP thing was lol! Luckily when i logged in it popped up so i have received your info. Thanks for the details, much appreciated :-)

BeautyRocket
25-Jun-10, 11:52
Went on to your website it is excellent.
awww how kind, thanks Doreen. I don't have too much of a range at the moment, i need to get some more orders in and expand the range again...a women's work is never done lol!

purplelady
25-Jun-10, 13:10
count me in love my make up x

summer
25-Jun-10, 16:54
Have you thought about having a stall at the county show?

BeautyRocket
25-Jun-10, 20:27
Hi Summer - where would i be able to get details for this/organiser contact details etc, is there a website?

chocolatechip
25-Jun-10, 23:45
Another thought is the Latheron Show! It's on the 10th July. If I find out the number I will send you a PM! Another thought there is the Market every Saturday in Wick.:D

crayola
25-Jun-10, 23:58
LOL! I know BeautyRocket because my PA gets her stuff from them and I once gave her a lift there when we came back from a meeting in Manchester. They're based in East Kilbride and live in a housing estate that looks just like the atomics in Thurso. I felt right at home there. :lol:

Teuchter1
26-Jun-10, 17:08
You can count me and my daughter in, just let us no when and where. :)

Julie Wilson
26-Jun-10, 20:52
Would be great. Also may be worth you checking with the local hotels as they all have function rooms which you could hire for the day. the county show suggestion would also be good as lots of folk go along just for the day out. Info should be available somewhere on caithness.org for who to contact for stalls etc.

Good luck and hope to see you in caithness sooner rather than later.