PDA

View Full Version : Scottish SPCA Scrufts Dog Show

BalmoreSSPCA
23-Jun-10, 18:53
The Scottish SPCA are holding their annual Open Day and Scrufts Novelty Dog Show at their Centre at Balmore, Dounreay. It is this Saturday 26th June 2010 and registration for the Scrufts Dog Show starts at 1.30pm and show to start at 2.30pm. Various stalls:- Baking, tombola, Society goods and Teas. Demonstration by the Dounreay Dog Handlers and Paws & Claws Photography will be there taking fantastic photos of your dogs (the £5 sitting fee will be donated to the Scottish SPCA). Please come along for a fun day and help raise money for this great cause. Thanks

dragonfly
23-Jun-10, 19:09
and the weather forecast is looking ok too!

goldenguernsey
23-Jun-10, 19:13
Oh good, lookin forward to it

Tilter
23-Jun-10, 19:44
Sorry to miss this this year. It's always a good day out. Hope the sun shines for you.

Our local dog rescue, where I volunteer, had their "Fun Day" 2 or 3 weeks ago. Weather not as good as usual, but we still did well financially in spite of the pouring rain.

attidude9464
24-Jun-10, 00:46
Well done to your Rescue Centre on the success of their open day People are so generous despite the weather being bad.

ter21wat
24-Jun-10, 09:49
Does anyone know what classes there will be this year? Went last year and really enjoyed it, brilliant day, especially as Molly got 3rd in the 'most appealling eyes' lol! xx

Minty
24-Jun-10, 12:40
Best Puppy (under 1 year)
Best OAP ( over 8 years )
Best Rescue Dog
Best Trick
Best Junior handler ( Children under 14 years)
Most appealing eyes
Waggiest tail
Scruffiest
Dog most like its owner ( or vice versa)
Dog the Judge would most like to take home

Great afternoon out for the Dogs, and a chance to raise much needed funds for Balmore - Good luck everyone

Leanne
24-Jun-10, 12:57
Oh brilliant! What a day out :) I'll be there with my to. Shame there isn't a class for most stupid dog as one of mine would win hands down!

skinnydog
24-Jun-10, 17:35
Hope to try and make it too. Always a good day out and for a great cause.

cazmanian_minx
25-Jun-10, 07:37
I've got a very strong contender for waggiest tail and best OAP, but since she has a permanent cough due to lung damage which sounds exactly like kennel cough, I think I'd better not bring her :~(

attidude9464
25-Jun-10, 22:17
I really hope that my two dogs sit still enough tomorrow for Julie to take their photo as her pet portraits are brill.

Here's hoping the sun will be shining tomorrow

dragonfly
25-Jun-10, 22:40
thanks Attitude9464, I hope I can do them justice!! getting a bit of a panic on me now! looks like its going to be dry until about 4pm so that will be good

unicorn
25-Jun-10, 22:49
You will do fabulously, no panicking allowed [lol]

dragonfly
25-Jun-10, 22:50
lol, got the wine open just now so that will take the edge of it - still got to iron 2 huge backdrops!!! and I hate ironing

unicorn
25-Jun-10, 22:51
Iron...................whats that???????? :roll: :eek:

Leanne
26-Jun-10, 14:26
I really wanted to go but my OH half is now working and I can't really take 2 large dogs on my own :( Please post lots of pics :)

beth210486
26-Jun-10, 17:00
Very good afternoon and well attended! Hope they raised a lot of money.

froal
26-Jun-10, 18:26
Leanne i wouldn't worry i had 3 fairly large 2 lurchers and my Sicilian there today and had a really nice time and so did my doggie's...!!!:D
There was plently of folk happy to take a couple while i was in the ring too !
Hopefully they raised lots of money for the SPCA as dog numbers were up this year...!!:D

Leanne
26-Jun-10, 19:51
Leanne i wouldn't worry i had 3 fairly large 2 lurchers and my Sicilian there today and had a really nice time and so did my doggie's...!!!:D
There was plently of folk happy to take a couple while i was in the ring too !
Hopefully they raised lots of money for the SPCA as dog numbers were up this year...!!:D

Next year then!

I hope the day was successful

BalmoreSSPCA
26-Jun-10, 23:18
On behalf of the Scottish SPCA I would like to thank everyone who attented the Balmore Open Day this afternoon. We had a record number of dogs in the Scrufts Dog Show and the weather was kind to us. Thanks also to Paws and Claws Pet Photography and the Dounreay Dog Handlers. We couldnt do it out without the help of our volunteers and everyone who donated items to our charity. An amazing amount of £1080 was raised so we are over the moon. This money will be used to care for all the unfortunate animals that through no fault of their own end up in our care. Thank you once again

Audrey (SSPCA Inspector)

adi1
26-Jun-10, 23:28
Good to see a large amount of money being donated to a worthy cause, now if only people would take responsibility for their pets the SPCA could devote more time to re homing pets from broken homes and bereavements

dragonfly
27-Jun-10, 08:22
Well done! thats a terrific amount. I have never seen it so busy in the years that I have been attending, the good weather certainly brought lots out.

I'm still working my way through the pet portraits that I took, some have been mailed off to the owners already and I'll edit others tonight (might be a few days before all are done!) - but in the meantime here's some of the dogs around the showring

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4142/4738034070_2303615a9d_b.jpg

and heres one of my test shot dummy - Brodie posing for me before the show started

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4081/4737427681_79be23e089_b.jpg

unicorn
27-Jun-10, 10:38
what brilliant pictures, I am sure all owners will be delighted with them. :D

dragonfly
27-Jun-10, 10:59
thanks Unicorn, these aren't the pet portraits I was doing to raise funds for Balmore, just random shots around the field.

If any of the owners are on here and recognise their dogs, just drop me a PM with email address and I'll send the jpg

t
28-Jun-10, 11:50
Well see the pic of my Son and Scooby Doo top left, she won 1st prize in the best rescue dog..bless her