PDA

View Full Version : Protesters signs

back of beyond
22-Jun-10, 18:45
On my way to a meeting today in Thurso,@ The Achalone junction,spotted an old Nissan Micra with the biggest eyesore of a sign protesting @THE WINDMILLS,now,it is everyones right to have an opinion on such a sensitive subject but could they not use the Democratic System to voice their opinion instead of leaving eyesores all over the A9,the Law should be changed to stop this illegal signing OR ARE THEY THINKING THEY ARE THE LAW THEMSELVES.In a nutshell have an opinion but not in my face as it seems contradictive to what your fighting for, i.e-replacing one eyesore with another.

im behind you
22-Jun-10, 18:52
must agree with you there. you would think they would use some thing better looking than an old nissan micra to get there point across.

Gronnuck
22-Jun-10, 18:59
Unfortunately as far as wind powered electricity generation are concerned many ordinary people feel they have little power to stop the proliferation of wind mills across Sutherland and Caithness. The 'democratic system' you describe has been undermined by more powerful people than you and I.

If the ‘eyesore’ is on their own land adjoining the A9 and they want to make their point to a wider audience then IMHO they should be allowed to get on with it.

upolian
22-Jun-10, 19:01
Windmills produce more power than a micra:lol:

Nacho
22-Jun-10, 22:57
the Law should be changed to stop this illegal signing OR ARE THEY THINKING THEY ARE THE LAW THEMSELVES.

i'm confused, do you mean they should change the law to make this 'illegal' sign legal ?!

not too sure exactly how illegal the sign is, there's a bit of a misconception that if you stick a sign on a bike or a car then planning permission isn't required, that why we see bikes with advertising signs on as we head to Inverness.

would it help if they tarted up the micra ? would you be happier with the sign and no car ?

good on em i say, protest away, this ain't China

Rheghead
22-Jun-10, 23:09
It was a demonstration, a right to protest. People should have their view heard without hinder and interruption. So long as they clear up afterwards then I haven't got an issue with it.

oldmarine
23-Jun-10, 04:42
It was a demonstration, a right to protest. People should have their view heard without hinder and interruption. So long as they clear up afterwards then I haven't got an issue with it.

Hello Rheghead: First time I have been on here since you returned to see your posting. Welcome back. Good to see you back on the org again.

Cattach
23-Jun-10, 08:35

Individually that is doubful. The cost to develop and set up those windfarms, including the 'democratic process, probably makes them uneconomic in terms of energy saving. Doubful if they will ever live up to the expectations on the Green lobby.

Stefan
23-Jun-10, 09:08

On a wind still day that statement would not be true. The alternator of a micra can certainly power a lot more than a wind turbine that is standing still. Even if the engine was turned off the battery would still power several 12V appliances.

barney
28-Jun-10, 13:56
This sign might look better using a new car but then the wood screws would damage the paintwork. An eyesore maybe but only temporary. This old micra has no doubt had its day unless it goes on to reach the dizzy heights of a hen house, a faithful servant but unlike the windmills it protests against it will cost a few quid to dispose off and be recycled and leave no trace of it being there apart from maybe a little oil from the incontinent sump plug. How many tons of cement will be left in the ground when the windmills go.