PDA

View Full Version : Are you getting it 5 times a day?

Sara Jevo
22-Jun-10, 12:46
I am.

Banana and strawberries with cereal for breakfast.

Dried fruit mixed in with porridge for lunch.

Salad bowl with veg at tea-time.

Are you getting your 5 a day?

John Little
22-Jun-10, 13:59
No I'm not.

I was until April then I put an article from the Times in front of my wife which sort of trumped her ace.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article7095541.ece

So I eat healthily but not five a day.

Now she's read something else and started cutting out foods that she calls 'hyper-glycaemic' whatever they are.

So the bread has changed - and the biscuits. Pasta is cool - and so on.

Sigh.

macbreeza
22-Jun-10, 15:19
I eat healthily but prob don't get 5 a day, I get annoyed with those who think they know telling me what i should and shouldn't eat!! Everyone is different shapes and sizes so how can it be 5 a day is fine for everyone? I think its all rubbish. Eat in moderation is what i say. I stop listening when the news mentions some new research stating eat this don't eat that. They didn't have 5 a day in WW2 when there was rationing and I am pretty certain people in UK were healthier then than now and a lot lighter!

wicker8
22-Jun-10, 17:41
hi i eat health ,i have fruit and fibe for breakfast,a mandarin or apple at lunchtime,some kind of veg at teatime and strawberries when ever i do also like a pink grapefruit and a slice of lemon in my dram

Bazeye
22-Jun-10, 18:16
5 cans, sunbathing this afternoon.

ShelleyCowie
22-Jun-10, 18:33
eh............no chances are i rarely do even though i really should!

Anyone who wants to try my "diet" for a week is welcome too it. I dont eat til lunchtime, sometimes skip lunch. I do have dinner every day, then at night time i eat ice + ice lollies (craving) and i cant forget to mention cake! I love cake.

On some days i will eat lunch. Like today because my sister made me it :lol:

I do love fruit + veg. Not many other people in my house does. Athrun loves it. My OH doesnt at all! :confused And his 2 sons will eat some.

Stefan
22-Jun-10, 19:51
I dont eat til lunchtime, sometimes skip lunch.

Thats not good for the bairn. No wonder he kicks the crap out of your bladder...lol

They didn't have 5 a day in WW2 when there was rationing and I am pretty certain people in UK were healthier then than now and a lot lighter!

Well, that may well be because they had to eat what they could grow, which was fruit and veg !!!!!!!!!!!!!
And they had to work a hell of a lot harder than most people do these days.

Thumper
22-Jun-10, 21:45
eh............no chances are i rarely do even though i really should!

Anyone who wants to try my "diet" for a week is welcome too it. I dont eat til lunchtime, sometimes skip lunch. I do have dinner every day, then at night time i eat ice + ice lollies (craving) and i cant forget to mention cake! I love cake.

On some days i will eat lunch. Like today because my sister made me it :lol:

I do love fruit + veg. Not many other people in my house does. Athrun loves it. My OH doesnt at all! :confused And his 2 sons will eat some.

Shelley,you should mention your craving for ice to your midwife,it can be a sign of low iron x

ShelleyCowie
22-Jun-10, 21:53
Shelley,you should mention your craving for ice to your midwife,it can be a sign of low iron x

Cheers Thumper i never knew that. Just had bloods taken last week so will ask the nurse tomorrow if my iron was ok. :Razz x