PDA

View Full Version : question

wicker8
22-Jun-10, 11:36
how is everyone today,hope your all well sun is trying to fight its way out a bit of fog about but its warm ,im in the garden and i have a few weeds pushing there way up on my patio i dont like using weedkiller for the wildlife sake i normally try and pull the weeds out but they are coming back any suggestions that are unharmful to the birds etc thanks:Razz

purplelady
22-Jun-10, 11:41
looks like the sun may win lol x

wicker8
22-Jun-10, 11:45
looks like the sun may win lol xlets hope so purplelady fingers crossedlol

John Little
22-Jun-10, 12:07
Vaguely sunny down here- I hope it works its way north - I'm blowing in your direction as I speak.

aburns2409
22-Jun-10, 13:15
Well dont want to gloat but it is beautiful in Alness today - scorching... Kids all sun screened up, washing drying as quick as you can get it out...
As for weeds - sorry - hate the garden - got bark in the front and chucky stones in the back - the black polly stuff did the trick to keep the weeds away xx

horseman
22-Jun-10, 13:52
Good on ye girls- I hope xxx

oldchemist
22-Jun-10, 16:50
how is everyone today,hope your all well sun is trying to fight its way out a bit of fog about but its warm ,im in the garden and i have a few weeds pushing there way up on my patio i dont like using weedkiller for the wildlife sake i normally try and pull the weeds out but they are coming back any suggestions that are unharmful to the birds etc thanks:Razz

Boiling water should finish them off.

wicker8
22-Jun-10, 17:33
Vaguely sunny down here- I hope it works its way north - I'm blowing in your direction as I speak.thanks you john

wicker8
22-Jun-10, 17:35
Well dont want to gloat but it is beautiful in Alness today - scorching... Kids all sun screened up, washing drying as quick as you can get it out...
As for weeds - sorry - hate the garden - got bark in the front and chucky stones in the back - the black polly stuff did the trick to keep the weeds away xxstill sounds nice enough to me if its for the kids to play in quite right :Razz

bekisman
22-Jun-10, 17:35
Boiling water should finish them off.

With salt - seems to work better?

wicker8
22-Jun-10, 17:36
Boiling water should finish them off.thank you i will try that :Razz

Liz
22-Jun-10, 19:19
It seems that vinegar can be used to kill weeds.:D

http://www.garden-counselor-lawn-care.com/vinegar-weed-killer.html

aburns2409
22-Jun-10, 20:48

http://www.garden-counselor-lawn-care.com/vinegar-weed-killer.html

is it not hilarious - vinegar is used for everything...
My ex hubi's mother (east kilbride dragon) uses vinegar for cleaning cuts, washing the windows along with brown paper, anything you ask what could i use - vinegar is the answer :-) then you drown your chips in it that you are about to eat :-} xx

glaikit
22-Jun-10, 20:52
Aye, that and bicarbonate of soda which can be used for everything from cleaning your toilet to indigestion!!!

wicker8
23-Jun-10, 10:35

http://www.garden-counselor-lawn-care.com/vinegar-weed-killer.htmlthanks liz good old vinegar my mum used to have a book about all it can do

wicker8
23-Jun-10, 10:37
is it not hilarious - vinegar is used for everything...
My ex hubi's mother (east kilbride dragon) uses vinegar for cleaning cuts, washing the windows along with brown paper, anything you ask what could i use - vinegar is the answer :-) then you drown your chips in it that you are about to eat :-} xx
hi your dead right i mind my granny using meth on her glass also

wicker8
23-Jun-10, 10:39
Aye, that and bicarbonate of soda which can be used for everything from cleaning your toilet to indigestion!!!hi glaikit thats another one used plenty of times

wicker8
23-Jun-10, 10:40
With salt - seems to work better?hi bekisman ive tried it salt and boiling water seems to be working thanks:Razz