Phill
22-Jun-10, 00:42
Are you rich or are you poor?

Simple enough question...yes?

Metalattakk
22-Jun-10, 00:44

It's a fairly complex question, I would suggest. ;)

Kevin Milkins
22-Jun-10, 00:58

I was once told that "it's a poor man that knows the price of everything and the value of nothing".

If your question is how much money have I got in the bank, then I am the poorest man I know.:confused

John Little
22-Jun-10, 06:45
I'm among the 8% of richest people in the world.

So are you.

And you.......

Sara Jevo
22-Jun-10, 06:55
It's a very simple question . . .

If you earn the average UK salary - circa £25k - you are among the wealthiest four per cent of people in the world.

upolian
22-Jun-10, 07:55
secret millionaire here:roll:

Cattach
22-Jun-10, 08:08
It's a very simple question . . .

If you earn the average UK salary - circa £25k - you are among the wealthiest four per cent of people in the world.

Not that simple. Also related to what you have to pay from the £25K. In some countries it is a lifetime or more earnings but in others it cannot sustain a reasonable living. £25 might be OK for a couple but not inf you have ten children. The area of the country you live in also has to be considered. Maybe a member is disabled or has a serious illness and then the equation changes agian. No simple is too simple a reply.

ShelleyCowie
22-Jun-10, 09:15
secret millionaire here:roll:

Me too! :Razz Start a club?

Phill
22-Jun-10, 09:45
It's a fairly complex question

It's a very simple question

Not that simple.

:confused

Simple question, complex answer.

Is it a perception?
Is the only thing to consider ones financial status, or is there more to life?

squidge
22-Jun-10, 10:29
I remember when i was living alone with the boys in a flat just after my marriage ended. We had nothing much of our own as I had to leave it all behind, just our clothes and the duvets and a slow cooker i had only just bought ( I smuggled it out in the washing). I was REALLY struggling and somelovely kind people had given me a variety of furniture and pots and stuff. Heating the flat ATE electricity and I could barely afford it. My then 11 year old asked me "Mum are we poor?" I thought a bit about it and decided no we werent, We didnt have much but I had a job and we scraped by with cheap meals and no treats but the rent was paid. I answered him by saying "No we arent poor darling but we ARE skint"

I think its wise to remember the difference.

cherokee
22-Jun-10, 10:30
I'm the richest person I know in love, cos my husband tells me he loves me every day ! :o

wicker8
22-Jun-10, 10:39
just counting my buttons on my blouse you know [tinker, taylor,oh i have 6 buttons i guess its poorman :Razz

onecalledk
22-Jun-10, 10:44
would depend if your question relates purely to money or to life in general. You can be cash rich but woefully poor in other areas.....

a person with ill health and no family around him but one million pounds in the bank is a poor man ?

and vice versa a man with good health, the love of his family and not much in the bank is rich ?

all about perspective ....

K

Hoida
22-Jun-10, 10:59
Maybe rich today but after todays budget we will probably all be poor!:roll:

wicker8
22-Jun-10, 11:27
Maybe rich today but after todays budget we will probably all be poor!:roll:good point hoida:Razz

Amy-Winehouse
22-Jun-10, 11:41
Rich in heart and poor in other areas !:Razz

Kodiak
22-Jun-10, 11:49
I am the Richest Man Alive :D Why ? Because I have the Most Wonderful Wife, Two Tall, Handsome, Healthy and Intelligent Sons, Two Fantastic Daughter-in-laws and two of the Cutest Grand Daughters you could possibly have.

This makes me the Richest Man Alive, My Family and I require nothing else to make me Happy. :D

The Drunken Duck
22-Jun-10, 12:03
Not working right now so fiscally poor at the minute. However my Tax Rebate cheque was sent yesterday. So ask me again in a week .. :D

Then again the happiest guy I know is the guy who drinks in my local and sweeps the streets for a living, no mortgage, no debt, lives frugally and has lots of mates. A happier guy you wont meet. Contrast that with the "My Bungalow is bigger than your Bungalow" crowd who sit constantly comparing their posessions with each other and its plain to see that money is only an issue to some people in this world.

Rich or Poor is about more than cash. I am happy with virtually no cash right now, I consider myself Rich for that.

horseman
22-Jun-10, 14:01
I am the Richest Man Alive :D Why ? Because I have the Most Wonderful Wife, Two Tall, Handsome, Healthy and Intelligent Sons, Two Fantastic Daughter-in-laws and two of the Cutest Grand Daughters you could possibly have.

This makes me the Richest Man Alive, My Family and I require nothing else to make me Happy. :D

Thats the bestest answer of all an I have that in spades.:)

sandyr1
22-Jun-10, 14:46
'Health is Wealth'.....says a man who survived brain surgery!