PDA

View Full Version : 1001

John Little
21-Jun-10, 18:26
It's hard to believe that I have done that many posts since February! Astonishing in fact.

Maybe I should be paying a sub?:eek:

It's been interesting so far - to say the least.

What do you do with your 1001st post?

Well say 1001 and there's only one thing leaps into my head and I afraid that only people of a certain age will know or remember what on earth I am on about.

'1001 cleans a big big carpet, for less than half a crown'.

A prehistoric telly ad from circa 1968.

But there are others that stick too

'Battlewagon!' because I wanted one.

'Hales cakes are fresh'

'A Playtex girdle - holds you in like firm young muscles"

'A Double Diamond works wonders.'

'The Milky bar kid is strong and tough' (I see the kid that used to do the ad when I lived in Thurso got sent to jail for robbery...

So I wondered - how many out there can think of other prehistoric ads/slogans to aid my memory?

hmmmm?

Metalattakk
21-Jun-10, 18:29
If you want to get ahead, get a hat.

One from my Grandad's era. ;)

Kevin Milkins
21-Jun-10, 19:25
One from my Grandad's era. ;)

Dunn & Company, London.;)

Kodiak
21-Jun-10, 20:04
I thought this thread was going to be all about that Carpet Cleaner you used to buy for less than Half A Crown, 1001. Sadness. :(

John Little
21-Jun-10, 20:07
Well I have no objection to talking about carpet cleaners whatsoever. When we lived on Mount Vernon we had a tile floor and my sister and I were the cleaners. My mother used to tie dusters on our feet and encourage us to 'skate' round the floor.

Marley tiles shine really bright if you make your kids do that with a spot of polish.

Who needs a machine?

poppett
23-Jun-10, 15:48
Murray mints, murray mints the too good to hurry mints.

A finger of fudge is just enough.

Tea biscuits.........a drink`s too wet without one.

wicker8
23-Jun-10, 16:30
Well I have no objection to talking about carpet cleaners whatsoever. When we lived on Mount Vernon we had a tile floor and my sister and I were the cleaners. My mother used to tie dusters on our feet and encourage us to 'skate' round the floor.

Marley tiles shine really bright if you make your kids do that with a spot of polish.

Who needs a machine? had me laughing there john good idea i have stone tiles in the kitchen going to tie dusters to my ohs feet :Razz