PDA

View Full Version : Barenaked Ladies (the band)

Invisible
20-Jun-10, 20:02
Playing in Glasgow and Edinburgh in September. Really want to go only £28. £85 and you can meet the band.
Any orgers planning going?

loganbiffy
21-Jun-10, 01:10
Wow, they actually charge you to meet the band? That is surely the sign of a band that used to be famous?
I would never dream of charging a fan to meet me or any other members of my band, just seems a bit creepy.

buddyrich
22-Jun-10, 15:55
It's pretty desperate aint it. What are the band going to do thats worth 85 quid? Shake your hand, sign an autograph and talk for about 5 minutes. Sold to the guy with MUG written on his head!!

Douglas Cowie
22-Jun-10, 20:34
Meeting Barenaked Ladies for £85! are you sure it's the band and not some dodgy ad?

S&LHEN
23-Jun-10, 23:47
If I had a million dollars......

It would be amazing they are fantastic x

Invisible
25-Jun-10, 13:28
Wow, they actually charge you to meet the band? That is surely the sign of a band that used to be famous?
I would never dream of charging a fan to meet me or any other members of my band, just seems a bit creepy.

Barenaked Ladies are still famous. And its not just meeting the band for £85 its added extras, like front row access, first in line for merchandise and drinks and not just meeting the band actually getting to talk to them.

It's pretty desperate aint it. What are the band going to do thats worth 85 quid? Shake your hand, sign an autograph and talk for about 5 minutes. Sold to the guy with MUG written on his head!!

As above.

Meeting Barenaked Ladies for £85! are you sure it's the band and not some dodgy ad?

No

If I had a million dollars......
It would be amazing they are fantastic x

Yes it would be amazing they are fantastic individuals, shame that Stephen is no longer in the band.

loganbiffy
25-Jun-10, 18:04
I ain't saying they are a bad band, I just find it bizarre they would try and charge fans to meet them.
If I was in a famous band, I'd go out of my way to meet as many of my fans as possible, and I certainly would not be charging them for it!
There are loads of bands out there who meet their fans and have drinks with them, without trying to charge them for it.

After all, if it wasn't for the fans, they would never be famous in the first place.

canuck
25-Jun-10, 19:07
A great Toronto band. I'll watch for the info and hopefully get to a concert.

S&LHEN
25-Jun-10, 20:02
There music is so diffrent to other bands its completely unique So have a fantastic time!!!!

johnny north
26-Jun-10, 22:30

You thinking of anyone in particular when you say that?

buddyrich
29-Jun-10, 01:02
He he. Might be. ;)

nikki
19-Jul-10, 19:51
Quite alot of bands have more expensive VIP tickets, for getting in to gigs earlier and getting to meet the band.

buddyrich
23-Jul-10, 13:21
This is true. Alice in Chains are doing it on their latest tour. And i wouldnt pay them either.