PDA

View Full Version : Green Day

David B
20-Jun-10, 09:51
I'm off with the kids to the SECC to see Green Day on Monday.

It will be the 3rd time I have seen them. They are good VFM as they are typically on stage for almost two and a half hours (I think I have only seen Rush play for longer).

I am also excited at finding out that Joan Jett is the support act. Can't wait to sing along with "that song" and, for those of a certain age, we are still waiting for Dave Lee Travis to shave off the beard.

Now that I am thinking about set lengths, the 2 worst were Zodiac Mindwarp (55 minutes but it was a cheap gig) and The Offspring (65 minutes for a full price gig at SECC but at least every song was a killer).

David B
24-Jun-10, 21:52
The gig was great fun. My son lost his voice and my daughter was singing along with all the songs. Half the fun of the gig was seeing the kids enjoy themselves so much.

Joan Jett was better than I expected. Even the songs I did not recognise were catchy. Her crowd banter (or lack thereof) was pretty hopeless.

Green Day were their usual excellent standard. Their set was different from October's one although the stage show was the same.

It was a fair trek to Glasgow and back, as well as another 2 days of my holidays used up. It was a good trip and I am glad I went. Mind you, less and less bands these days would tempt me to travel such a long way to see a gig.

buddyrich
26-Jun-10, 03:10
Going off to gigs is always fun. I used to make the trip regular but the last couple of years i cant be bothered as much. I travel a lot anyway so taking a day to travel down, drink, attend gig then wait til it's ok to drive home is a bit of a drag. Still it's usually worth it depending on who you're going to see.

Standing at the bar in the Cathouse listening to tell the Motorhead drummer that his drum solo was cack will stay with me forever.

Serenity
26-Jun-10, 19:33
I was down the front Monday night. It was brilliant although the show was very similar to last Octobers. I especially like the middle bit when all the old favourites like Basket Case (my personal favourite) come out :) :)
Think it will be a while before they are back now so made the trek even more worthwhile (although expensive!).