PDA

View Full Version : Dogs On Buses

robby50x
21-Jun-06, 09:16
does anyone out there no the laws for dogs gettin on buses and trains are they allowed on and if so do they charge for dog travel

Elenna
21-Jun-06, 09:42
It may depend on the company robby50x...is it local services you want to know about, or for a long journey?...so you would need to check out the different ones. Two that I was able to find easily online using Google were:

Citylink

Animals (other than guide dogs and hearing dogs.) are not normally carried on Citylink Coaches, journeys.

and Rapsons (the Inverness-Thurso-Scrabster route)

NOTE : Dogs (with the exception of guide dogs) and other animals are not carried on this service.

Maybe someone else will know more, or have some experience of travelling with dogs on busses and trains. The local timetables don't seem to say anything about whether or not dogs are allowed.

Ann
21-Jun-06, 10:49
You are allowed to take dogs (under good control and clean) on local buses. I had this argument with a driver one day who said they were not. I phoned the company and was told it was ok. They don't charge.
Happy travelling,
Ann
P.S. Best to take them up to the back if you are able as they then can't say "hello" to every one that enters the bus!

laguna2
21-Jun-06, 11:55
I know someone who wanted to travel up here by bus with a dog but was told that it was at the discretion of the driver whether the dog was allowed to travel or not.

Rather than risk being turned away at the bus station they travelled by train - and I don't think that they were charged for the dog.

squidge
21-Jun-06, 12:23
My boys travel reasonable regularly from inverness to wick with our dog on the train - its never cost anythng but she is only a wee jack russel so she deosnt need a seat :D

marlyn
21-Jun-06, 21:25
We travelled on the Inverness to Wick train with our dog, who is quite large, and never had any problem at all, no charge.