PDA

View Full Version : Council Dog warden

Kathy@watten
19-Jun-10, 21:55
Having seen recent posts re the requirement to fund raise (all of which I fully would support as the wardens do a great job) for the provisions for the kennels which I do believe are under the council umbrella.....do the fines ect not cover the extras? I am sure I would expect the council to stretch to providing the needed hoover and the basic tools for the safe running and cleanliness of the workspace, and am more than sure the various animal lovers would be willing to foster, feed and bed the poor doggies that are either lost, and therefore will pay for the pleasure of being kept safe when claimed, or the abandoned doggies who I assume rely on the good nature of others till a special home appears for him/her. Do we think this is a scrimping council area? yet again...not just schools, pools and libraries and roads then....
This scrimping has in no way reflected in the love and genuine care provided by the wardens, but possibly the fundraising would be best used in other ways?

fender
20-Jun-10, 07:59
Here we go again. Slag off the Council. Don't you realish what is going on in this country at this time as regards finances. Has the news not reached Watten yet?

It is the folk you don't look after and neglect their dogs that you should be directing your comments too. These are the folk who look on a dog as an accessiory to their already 'full' life and think it's ok to dump them just like an old piece of furniture.

Don't get me started!!

donnick
20-Jun-10, 10:44
Here we go again. Slag off the Council. Don't you realish what is going on in this country at this time as regards finances. Has the news not reached Watten yet?

It is the folk you don't look after and neglect their dogs that you should be directing your comments too. These are the folk who look on a dog as an accessiory to their already 'full' life and think it's ok to dump them just like an old piece of furniture.

Don't get me started!!
here here ur totally right the wardens do a great job

Kathy@watten
20-Jun-10, 11:46
My post has been taken in the wrong way I think, at no point did I question the dog warden in any way, I have personal connections to the service and have fostered for them before and think Mop Top does a fantastic job just think she should be better funded. I know in this society folk are treating pets as disposable items and chuck when they loose their cute puppy appeal, but we are aware that education would make little odds to the so and so's that dump their dogs.

aurora32
20-Jun-10, 12:04
The reason for the fund raising to be prefectly clear!!!! is not for hoovers or other non descript items it is to pay for neutering, and vets bills that the HC do not pay for and to ensure that said dogs who are neglected, dumped or cruelly treated do NOT get destroyed after the councils 7 day rule of no claim, which Moptop avoids happening by rehoming off her own back just now.

We are not twisting anyones arms and legs to help or contribute in any way and if there are those who feel its not worthwhile then certainly feel free to patronise elsewhere just dont slag of and pour water on the fire of those who are willing and dedicated in helping this very worthwhile cause.

Venture
20-Jun-10, 12:22
I hope this is not a dig at me Kathy for my abrubtness in trying to get long awaited tack back for said horse you were meant to be bringing on and schooling and failed to do so for whatever reasons??????

The reason for the fund raising to be prefectly clear!!!! is not for hoovers or other non descript items it is to pay for neutering, and vets bills that the HC do not pay for and to ensure that said dogs who are neglected, dumped or cruelly treated do NOT get destroyed after the councils 7 day rule of no claim, which Moptop avoids happening by rehoming off her own back just now.

We are not twisting anyones arms and legs to help or contribute in any way and if there are those who feel its not worthwhile then certainly feel free to patronise elsewhere just dont slag of and pour water on the fire of those who are willing and dedicated in helping this very worthwhile cause.

I think you've well and truly got the wrong end of the stick there. Kathy is not criticising you, but the council. In fact she states she supports what is being done. Bringing the details of a personal matter between you both on to the board is totally uncalled for and should be removed.

aurora32
20-Jun-10, 12:31
I think you've well and truly got the wrong end of the stick there. Kathy is not criticising you, but the council. In fact she states she supports what is being done. Bringing the details of a personal matter between you both on to the board is totally uncalled for and should be removed.

Its been edited!!! As for supporting it why the big issue over supporting the fundraising, we all know the council are making cuts and that saving dogs by way of neutering and vets bills are certainly going to be at the bottom of the list. No one is being forced to do anything but those who do are most welcome, just please if you dont support dont criticise those who want to.

This is not a fundraising exercise for the HC just to be clear, this is a totally seperate entity that will have its own name and status, committee etc depending on the support that is generated.

Venture
20-Jun-10, 12:40
Its been edited!!! As for supporting it why the big issue over supporting the fundraising, we all know the council are making cuts and that saving dogs by way of neutering and vets bills are certainly going to be at the bottom of the list. No one is being forced to do anything but those who do are most welcome, just please if you dont support dont criticise those who want to.

Nowhere on this thread have you, or anyone else for that matter, been criticised by me for supporting this venture. Get your facts straight before you start making accusations.

aurora32
20-Jun-10, 12:58
This scrimping has in no way reflected in the love and genuine care provided by the wardens, but possibly the fundraising would be best used in other ways?

This is definition of criticism

to criticise

To evaluate (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/evaluate) (something), and judge (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/judge) its merits (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/merit) and faults (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fault)
To find fault (with something)

so above would fall into criticism as said fundraising is having its merits jusdged.

That said i refuse to get into a full blown row and debate over what and who is right and wrong like many other threads on here do.

All i will say is its a good cause seperate from the HIGHLAND COUNCIL to save animals that would otherwise would be being destroyed and its peoples own choice if they do or do not wish to support.

Venture
20-Jun-10, 13:12
This is definition of criticism

to criticise

To evaluate (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/evaluate) (something), and judge (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/judge) its merits (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/merit) and faults (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fault)
To find fault (with something)

so above would fall into criticism as said fundraising is having its merits jusdged.

That said i refuse to get into a full blown row and debate over what and who is right and wrong like many other threads on here do.

All i will say is its a good cause seperate from the HIGHLAND COUNCIL to save animals that would otherwise would be being destroyed and its peoples own choice if they do or do not wish to support.

[lol][lol] I'd say a pair of glasses to read and understand posts better and a large spade to help dig you out of the hole you are making for yourself, might be more handy than a dictionary or google.

Being a lover of all animals and the owner of two rescue dogs, I'll finish now by wishing you Happy Fundraising.:)

Kathy@watten
20-Jun-10, 13:13
Oh my goodness....well as a fellow animal lover and supporter of the cause in question I was not at any point suggesting we were not to fund raise, but on a personal level felt that the funds provided by the council should cover all the basics and thought that new owners would if responsible be able and prob very willing to neuter adoptees, perhaps funds could be set aside to help financially un well off folk with the cost if they were a potentially great match. This is of course a very important cause to many and veiws appear to be strong...which can only be good for the doggies in question.

aurora32
20-Jun-10, 13:25
I can see where you are coming from Kathy but many potential new dog owners fall into the bracket of un well off people and they simply cant offer the home for a dog because its not neutered, they themselves cant afford the cost of neutering and the Council simply wont pay for it, so said dogs who are already on their last days due to the 7 day rule hang in the balance. So Moptop has been doing all she can from her own time to help these healthy from dogs being destroyed as you will know if you have helped her out :) It was thought that as there are so many animal lovers and people who already help her out, that it would be nice if something more official was set up outwith the HC that generated money of its own to help Moptop do the things she does off her own back, apologies for going off on one at you, just fed up with people on here being do quick to down anything they dont believe is worthwhile. Everyone has a right to their opinions but if something is not worth saying and doesnt serve a purpose why dont people just keep it to themselves a lot of people get hurt unecessarily because of careless wording and views :)

aurora32
20-Jun-10, 13:29
[lol][lol] I'd say a pair of glasses to read and understand posts better and a large spade to help dig you out of the hole you are making for yourself, might be more handy than a dictionary or google.

Being a lover of all animals and the owner of two rescue dogs, I'll finish now by wishing you Happy Fundraising.

and i thank you for your well wishes :D