PDA

View Full Version : best place to buy thick underlay from??

suzy
19-Jun-10, 21:15
Hi We're needing about 110m2 of underlay, (about 7 - 15m rolls ) about 9-11mm thick as the floorboards are old. can find it for £35. plus vat then they stick £25. for delivery!!
Suzy

aburns2409
19-Jun-10, 21:43
Hi no idea where you are getting it from but i am up and down the road most weeks with space in the car - i come back n fore from Alness - if it is Inverness i could easily pop through and pick it up for you, Angela x

Kathy@watten
19-Jun-10, 21:45
Just did loft conversion and wanted fat underlay for soundproofing and squidgy feel underfoot, Jim's carpets in Thurso knocked a heap off the cost for the job compared with the likes of the online deals I also found.

suzy
19-Jun-10, 22:06
Awww. thanks Angela, thats very nice of you, I will try Kathys suggestion - Jim's in Thurso first, I've no idea where to get it in inverness yet, I just tried a few places on the good ole internet but the postage is terrible.
Suzy

aburns2409
19-Jun-10, 22:19
Well just stick me a message if i can help at all xx

poppett
20-Jun-10, 14:22
We got our thick underlay from Plowmans carpets in Wick at a good discount as we were doing the whole house, but their original price was cheaper than anywhere else to start with, and better quality.

WICKER10
20-Jun-10, 21:21
We got our thick underlay from Plowmans carpets in Wick at a good discount as we were doing the whole house, but their original price was cheaper than anywhere else to start with, and better quality.
Plowmans can usually Beat most other prices

poppett
20-Jun-10, 21:48
I was delighted with their service Wicker10. Had the whole house done out in the same carpet with top quality underlay and door treads. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Have recommended them many times.

Scarybiscuits03
24-Jun-10, 11:39
Try Janet Street Carpets, I know of someone wanting their entire house floored and after checking with everyone else - they came in about £1000 cheaper!!