PDA

View Full Version : Water Query ..

Nello
21-Jun-06, 02:09
Quite warm in my little office tonight so I decided to have a nice cool bottle of water .. very nice it was too .. apparently part of its unique taste and high quality is down to the fact that its has been filtered through the rock layers of volcanos .. highly impressive that.

So if this unique water has been through volcanic rock it has taken apparently hundreds of years to filter through .. so why is there a sticker on the back saying it is best before the 28th of August this year ??

And while I think about it ... :roll:

Can ayone tell me why there are lifejackets onboard airliners but no parachutes ??

Why are missiles called missiles .. wouldnt hitilles be more appropriate ??

Anyone think of anymore ??

orkneylass
21-Jun-06, 07:04
So what were you doing pondering all this at 3am????

freckles
21-Jun-06, 11:02
Similar to the missiles thing - one that really does my head in is "near miss" - if you nearly missed something you hit it!

changilass
21-Jun-06, 14:23
Friendly fire, if someone is shooting at you they aint your friend[disgust]

scorrie
21-Jun-06, 14:51
A hippy guy attending a Folk Music festival in the Norseman years ago approached me and started talking away. After a very short time he said to me "Sorry man, I thought you were someone else", To which I replied "I am someone else"

"How do ye mean man?" came the response.

"Well, if I'm not the person you thought I was, then I must be somebody else"

"Here boy, Iss is gettin a bit heavy, are yee enjoyin eh music?"

"No, in fact, I wish they would shut the Folk up in there"

"Ah canna handle Iss, see ye anither day mate"

Nello
21-Jun-06, 19:01
So what were you doing pondering all this at 3am????

I am on nights Offshore and the mind sure does start to wander in the wee small hours .. plus I had nothing better to do .. :roll: