PDA

View Full Version : MEETING for fundraising ideas/duplicate threads merged

aurora32
19-Jun-10, 17:57
There is a meeting to be held for fund raising ideas and the election of members for a committee to put said ideas into place at Wetherspoons on Wednesday 23rd June 2010 @ 7.00pm. We will be meeting outside just before 7pm for those coming along who are shy and dont want to go in alone :) those who arrive after can ask inside as to what table we are at :)

Please anyone interested in coming along or being on the committee could you Pm me so we can get an idea of numbers etc, Thanks

The funds and committee are needed to help our local Dog Warden Moptop with the wonderful work she does in helping out our four legged tail wagging friends. All those interested in helping please come along with all your ideas, those that cant make it please feel free to Pm me or post your ideas below, every little helps :lol:

Thanks in advance

bustergirl
19-Jun-10, 18:09
how old do u have 2 be?as i am 12 and would love to help out as i am a 100% animal lover

Kodiak
19-Jun-10, 18:50
What is the name of the organisation that you want to Fundraise for?

Is it a Registered Charity?

aurora32
19-Jun-10, 19:09
Hi

Firstly no its not a registered charity, there is not even a committee as yet. The meeting is for this on the 23rd and to throw some ideas about as to what and which direction we are going to go in as there are a few people here on the Org that have shown an interest in giving up some of their time to help out our local Dog Warden, who whislt works for the HC does do a lot of work for our 4 legged friends out of the goodness of her heart because she feels its unecessary to pts perfeclty healthy animals that with a bit of time, effort and extra funds could be re-homed. The funds primarily would be used for neutering.

WICKER10
19-Jun-10, 19:39
She is an employee of Highland Council do they not supply funding for this ?
I recall dogs used to go to a Registered charity at SSPCA Balmore until they raised there charges to the Council.With all the charities looking for money just now i think you will find it hard but good luck

aurora32
19-Jun-10, 21:16
No they dont have funds for this and a lot of these dogs will simply be destroyed and more would have met this fate if Moptop hadnt stepped in and given her own time to re house. Think its a damn shame that animals are suffering due to peoples general ignorance and lack of care toward their once pets.

We dont destroy people if we are fed up with them why should animals be given any the less consideration.

aurora32
19-Jun-10, 21:18
Age doesnt matter for the helping out and ideas etc but for the meeting in spoons you may have to have a parent with you. :)

bustergirl
19-Jun-10, 21:36
ok i could get an adult to take me possibly my mum

Kodiak
19-Jun-10, 21:40
Before you even start to think of fundraising you should get yourself made into a proper committee with a proper constitition. Then once you have done thet apply to the council for a Gaming Licence to enable you to run Raffels etc.

So if you do meet at Wetherspoons on Wednesday then I suggest that you get a Committee together first. Then when you have your Committee with a Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer and committee members, you really need a a Bank Account. This should be set up before any attempt to fundraising.

ShelleyCowie
19-Jun-10, 21:47
Before you even start to think of fundraising you should get yourself made into a proper committee with a proper constitition. Then once you have done thet apply to the council for a Gaming Licence to enable you to run Raffels etc.

So if you do meet at Wetherspoons on Wednesday then I suggest that you get a Committee together first. Then when you have your Committee with a Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer and committee members, you really need a a Bank Account. This should be set up before any attempt to fundraising.

Kodiak, i think its just a mini money raiser to help aid in ensuring Moptop can support the animals until they are re-homed. HC only gives 7 days for a dog to be claimed before it can be PTS. Moptop prevents this, takes matters into her own hands and ensures that the dogs get a loving home instead of being destroyed.

So just a few pound would help to get some food together, blankets and help towards her getting them neutered if they need to be. Also for any other vetenary care in case of emergencies.

Unfortunately i cant make it to the meeting so good luck guys! I will contact Moptop very soon about a wee donation from myself. xxx

aurora32
19-Jun-10, 21:56
Thanks Kodiak for your advice, we are intending on getting a commitee together at the meeting providing there are enough people and going to go from there :) Nothing too hardcore just enough to help these animals that are not claimed after the 7 days, seems very severe that they have to die just because there is no where for them :)

Kodiak
19-Jun-10, 21:57
It makes no difference how little money is raised it still has to be done in a proper and legal manner. If it is not, then that is when problems arise, so it really must be done correctly in the first place.

aurora32
19-Jun-10, 21:59
That would be great :) the more help and ideas the better and will be nice to have a younger persons ideas on things :)

unicorn
19-Jun-10, 22:02
And it was stated in their post that is exactly what they plan to do at the public meeting. Get a committee together.
Everything has to start somewhere. Well done for trying so hard for these dogs.

Moira
19-Jun-10, 22:10
Good grief, why such a fuss Kodiak. Are you planning leading the meeting?

With a bit of luck the general idea may get off the ground. :D

Kodiak
19-Jun-10, 22:19
No I am not making a fuss, I am just pointing out that it is not as easy as saying, "OK Lets do some fundraising". It is not that easy at all, so I pointed out the correct way to get started so as to help them avoid the pitfalls of fundraising. There are legal precedeures that have to be gone through whether you like it or not.

So you do not like my points, it is no skin off my nose, no one has to take my advice. I only did fundraising for over 30 years so what do I know.

Dadie
19-Jun-10, 22:28
maybe you could help?
It might be nice to get some inside info on how things work and other help.
Its hard enough to start out .....
im sure any help would be appreciated

poppett
19-Jun-10, 22:28
Once you get your committee set up, constitution agreed and bank account sorted..............

Bag packing always goes down well, and if you could get a few local shops who sell dog food to have a box marked for your charity people could donate tins or packets of food which would let people on a small income make some contribution without thinking their small change is not enogh.

Blankets, etc., could be donated at a similar drop off point, or contact the local charity shops who often get linen unsuitable for resale, which would suit for our furry friends.

Bingo always goes down well too

aurora32
19-Jun-10, 22:47
Thank you all for your ideas, all are very well recieved and Kodiak any advice you can give on the fund raising front and the correct route to take would be very much welcomed :) We dont intend on jumping in blindly the meeting in the first instance is to get a name, committee set in place and ideas for what we can do to raise some funds.

Moira
19-Jun-10, 23:14
No I am not making a fuss, I am just pointing out that it is not as easy as saying, "OK Lets do some fundraising". It is not that easy at all, so I pointed out the correct way to get started so as to help them avoid the pitfalls of fundraising. There are legal precedeures that have to be gone through whether you like it or not.

So you do not like my points, it is no skin off my nose, no one has to take my advice. I only did fundraising for over 30 years so what do I know.

Yes you are making a fuss. You're being negative where there was no need. You are throwing negatives up before this group has even met.

With your experience, why not encourage them, even though you may not have the resources to join them?

I still fundraise - I know a lot......

horseman
19-Jun-10, 23:41
It is indeed an admirable enterprise, but please listen to Kodiak--don't slag him off--the man knows what he is talking about.

Liz
19-Jun-10, 23:52
Good grief aurora32 made it quite clear in her first post that the reason for the meeting was to form a committee!

Kodiak I applaud you for fundraising for so many years and ,maybe your posts came across in the wrong way, but they did seem a bit negative as Moira said.

People only want to help the Dog Warden in the work she does (in her own time I may add so not funded by the HC) to help dogs in our area who have been abandoned.

I wish you the very best of luck aurora32.

In the meantime it would help greatly if people could donate items such as collars you no longer use and old duvets etc.

Leanne
20-Jun-10, 00:11
I'll be there :)

I'll volunteer myself as techno geek ;)

Kevin Milkins
20-Jun-10, 01:03
Great idea.

Shame that you had not chose a day later as we could have said hello from the orger curry night out and shared some ideas.:D

Leanne
20-Jun-10, 01:11
Great idea.

Shame that you had not chose a day later as we could have said hello from the orger curry night out and shared some ideas.:D

Mmmmm curry!!!! Oh I do like the idea of Thursday better...

Mr P Cannop
20-Jun-10, 09:35
Kodiak, i think its just a mini money raiser to help aid in ensuring Moptop can support the animals until they are re-homed. HC only gives 7 days for a dog to be claimed before it can be PTS. Moptop prevents this, takes matters into her own hands and ensures that the dogs get a loving home instead of being destroyed.

So just a few pound would help to get some food together, blankets and help towards her getting them neutered if they need to be. Also for any other vetenary care in case of emergencies.

Unfortunately i cant make it to the meeting so good luck guys! I will contact Moptop very soon about a wee donation from myself. xxx

why make a good healthy dog to sleep when it can be re-homed ??

Hogfather
20-Jun-10, 09:42
Because the council are only obliged to pay for the care of stray dogs for 7 days. Once their time is up, if the council is not willing to make extra funds available, that's it! Good on MopTop and co for trying to sort something out for dogs whose 'time is up'. Is it possible to link up with other rescues down the country so that the dogs on their last day have somewhere else to go? I know pretty much everyone is 'full' with things being as they are, but perhaps we have breeds coming in here that don't appear so often down the country?

bustergirl
20-Jun-10, 10:13
ok i will think of some things so i am ready for wednesday i wont be in school on that day so its not a busy day:lol:

Kodiak
20-Jun-10, 13:35
Yes you are making a fuss. You're being negative where there was no need. You are throwing negatives up before this group has even met.

With your experience, why not encourage them, even though you may not have the resources to join them?

I still fundraise - I know a lot......

Negatives what negatives? All I did was to offer advice so that this new committee could avoid any possible legal Pitfalls and so far people like you have been very rude and nasty to me.

You say you know a lot.........OK then tell all here on this thread what you know.

I would have been happy to share my Knowledge but not now after the way I have been abused on this thread.

I will not make another comment on this thread except to say, "Good luck to your fundraising committee."

bustergirl
20-Jun-10, 16:24
i coming to the meeting but bringing my mum along because children must be takin by an adult:)i will bringf all my ideas with mee

Theerah0166
21-Jun-10, 11:08
Wish I lived a bit closer so I could attend this meeting. I am sure all the GENUINE dog lovers in the area will turn out to give much needed support in this wonderful endeavour. Lets see Caithness show the way in this. Hope you have a full house for the meeting. Wishing you the very best of luck.

aurora32
21-Jun-10, 11:39
Wish I lived a bit closer so I could attend this meeting. I am sure all the GENUINE dog lovers in the area will turn out to give much needed support in this wonderful endeavour. Lets see Caithness show the way in this. Hope you have a full house for the meeting. Wishing you the very best of luck.

Any fundraising ideas or anything else you feel may be of use please feel free to Pm me with, every little helps and i do so hope people will join and help this worthwhile cause.

aurora32
21-Jun-10, 13:39
Bump....All help and ideas greatly needed and appreciated for this Meeting.

Thanks in advance :)

Kathy@watten
21-Jun-10, 17:13
I am afraid I cannot make the meeting but it can be noted that as per normal arrangement I will happily make kennel space available for any dog who has run out of highland council kennel time until a happy home can be found...what's one more when I have a mob anyway? I can have up to 3 at any time and not bothered what breeds, have ideal set up for kiddie proofing and making stock safe...and can then home accordingly...heck most of my mates have now got one from Mop top....will be call screened by them cos am always looking for homes for various animals!

ravenblueice
21-Jun-10, 20:38
I don't drive and live too far away to be much help, but any one off fundraising days let me know and I'll, dog walk/wash or sponsored almost anything to help the dogs.

It will be good to have a name and a charity number, as folks can set up small sponsored events/ fundraisers and the sponsors will be more generous for having confidence in the 'official charity' than in Joe Bloggs as it were, great work guys hope the meeting goes well.

aurora32
23-Jun-10, 10:37
*bump* Meeting Tonight