PDA

View Full Version : Best Pub League Player Ever

98elite
20-Jun-06, 22:09
Never mind the World Cup, who was the best player ever to grace the turf in the sadly missed pub league. There were some cracking players over the years and some pretty dodgy ones too.

Go on vote away

lagertops
20-Jun-06, 22:30
Jimmy "the heed"Canavan..

The Pepsi Challenge
20-Jun-06, 22:34
They were all legends.

lagertops
20-Jun-06, 22:53
I played for the Rod and line for 2 years and really enjoyed it,some good crack's and some good games,i remember playing the Viewfirth at the Dammies there must have been 500 people watching.No internet then tho!

Jeid
21-Jun-06, 00:36

He plays for Swifts now I believe.

pedromcgrory
21-Jun-06, 00:37
lol name suits him

Loafer
21-Jun-06, 07:00

I thought this was "Best" players??!!

The Loafer

Tom Cornwall
22-Jun-06, 22:22
would this be darts you're talking about???

Ann
22-Jun-06, 22:29
No Tom, I think we are still talking football!

Carlo Gambino
22-Jun-06, 23:39
It wasnt best player but best/flukeist goal by a county league player, the 1 & only Ekka Mcphee from 40 yards out , he hit the ball straight into the top corner, absolute belter

The Pepsi Challenge
23-Jun-06, 09:39
The Brewers' Cup, the Newmarket's first season, Herman - say no more. Bring back the pub league, it would be my only reason for returning to the area.

scotsboy
23-Jun-06, 17:05
Herman the Yank - those who saw him will never forget the experience.

webmannie
24-Jun-06, 10:08
I played in thon match with the infamous Herman. Wasn't Newmarket it was the US Base team, those were the days! Locals (only 3 could play at any time) played for them for the after match parties! We have some legendary tales, the Herman one is a classic though.

The Pepsi Challenge
24-Jun-06, 22:35
Never said it was The Newmarket Herman played for. Nevertheless, that day at the Viewfirth (am I right) was classic. Where is he now?

webmannie
24-Jun-06, 23:58
nah it was @ Naver far pitch, heading up hill towards moors. Wished Terrace had the video camera back then, would have got £250 for thon on You've been framed!!

scotsboy
25-Jun-06, 15:27
You need to visit the Pathetic Sharks website to read the story of Herman:

http://www.patheticsharks.co.uk/regulars/herman/story.htm

Enjoy:)

The Pepsi Challenge
25-Jun-06, 19:40
Speaking of Terrace, it's funny how a man who has a recording of nearly every pub league game in existence, somehow managed to 'misplace' a copy of the two goals I slammed past him for the Workshops against Ormlie Motors in a Highland Amateur Cup game.

pultneytooner
25-Jun-06, 19:56
It wasnt best player but best/flukeist goal by a county league player, the 1 & only Ekka Mcphee from 40 yards out , he hit the ball straight into the top corner, absolute belter Hey, that was in wick was it not, I played that day, what a belter.
I mind scollay scoring against halkirk comm an the ball went in and out that fast, john malcom the ref chalked the goal off.
I hear ecca still plays for the thurso thistle, is that right, him and moonboots, another player from the harbour lights years.