PDA

View Full Version : FLYBE charges

onecalledk
19-Jun-10, 11:59
having just booked 2 flights to london from aberdeen for NOVEMBER am astounded by the rip off advertising of FLYBE. Looked at the flights which are obviously low just now as departure is some time off. Delighted to find such low fares, £11.64 each way. Popped them in my basket so to speak and immediately £36 is added on in charges and taxes.... hmmmmm

then I get to the bit with the seats, £6 or £15 if you want to be able to move your legs..... okaayyyy , then its £10 for the first bag and £28 for the next or heaven forbid at the airport £30 if you are over your allowance....

so the flight that was £11.64 is now £119.....

how can you fly without booking a seat ??!!! seats are actually bolted to the aircraft so you have to have one, why not add to the price of the original ticket and not add on like its a luxury ?!!

that price is with an ADS card as well. SHould i have gone completely bonkers and wanted to upgrade to the flybe plus I would be adding on a whole £200 EACH WAY to the ticket....

yep thats a short flight to london, I am not flying half way round the world nor wanting to buy the plane, just go to london for an event at the end of the year ........

could have gone abroad CHEAPER ..........

rant over ..... (for now....)

K

Stefan
19-Jun-10, 14:01
Well, what can I say. Should have gone on the bus. 26 quid return... and a hell of a lot less emission I would guess.

onecalledk
19-Jun-10, 14:07
Well, what can I say. Should have gone on the bus. 26 quid return... and a hell of a lot less emission I would guess.
:) probably but not an option as I have a time frame I need to keep to and couldnt do the 10plus hours on the bus there and back .....

K

Kevin Milkins
19-Jun-10, 14:39
It's the main reason that I have never been able to fly South from Wick airport, because the add on always make the journey price prohibitive.:confused

I always use easyjet, out of Inverness, I find the web site easy and straight forward and their are always bargain flights to be had if you are flexible.:Razz

They also do Gatwick and Bristol.

MileHigh
19-Jun-10, 14:48
Doubt its anything to do with flying from Wick kevin. Interested to know how you are using a ADS card with FLYBE from london to Aberdeen. FLYBE fly from Wick to Edinburgh not Aberdeen so ADS card would be no use ?

onecalledk
19-Jun-10, 18:21
Doubt its anything to do with flying from Wick kevin. Interested to know how you are using a ADS card with FLYBE from london to Aberdeen. FLYBE fly from Wick to Edinburgh not Aberdeen so ADS card would be no use ?

I am travelling from Aberdeen to London and back again. The terms and conditions of the ADS card say that flights to and from participating airports are allowed as long as you are resident in a qualifying area and are travelling from one of participating airports.

As long as either the destination airport of the airport you are travelling from is in the designated area (list on ADS website) then you can use your card and get the discount.

So people in caithness DO NOT have to solely travel from Wick airport......

K

aljacan
19-Jun-10, 19:12
Your ADS discount cannot be used from London to Aberdeen, can only be used to get you to Aberdeen or Edinburgh from Wick and back the way. It is meant to be a discount for people living in the Highlands and Islands to get them to central Scotland.

When you book on Flybe website DO NOT choose seats, this is only if you want specific seats, you can go to the bottom of the page and continue without seats.

onecalledk
19-Jun-10, 19:17
Your ADS discount cannot be used from London to Aberdeen, can only be used to get you to Aberdeen or Edinburgh from Wick and back the way. It is meant to be a discount for people living in the Highlands and Islands to get them to central Scotland.

When you book on Flybe website DO NOT choose seats, this is only if you want specific seats, you can go to the bottom of the page and continue without seats.

The list of airports are shown on the ADS website and show more than just wick and Aberdeen and Edinburgh. It is for travel across the whole of scotland . Having double checked the website it appears that no I would not be able to use the card to travel to london, good job then the prices are the same ! You can travel from any of the islands across and back and can travel to the central belt and back. The qualifying thing is that you are resident in a qualifying area, caithness is just one of them and that the destination or arrival airport is one of those listed.

K

Kevin Milkins
19-Jun-10, 19:23

You have lost me slightly,Milehigh.:confused

One of the reasons for wanting to fly South from Wick, (apart from being able to walk to the airport), is that I can use my ADS card for the Scottish leg of the journey, IE Wick to Edinburgh, but as yet, I still have not been able to find a flight that would even get close to what would represent good value for money.:(

aljacan
19-Jun-10, 19:39
Sorry, I thought that you wanted to use your ADS to travel to London, I realise that you can use it for more than Wick to Aberdeen or Edinburgh, I just thought that you were from Caithness and that is why I said you could only use it to get you from Wick to the central belt.

DRM
19-Jun-10, 22:41
Your Lucky to be able to fly from Wick and return -I quite often fly down to south for meetings but they are at the weekend which means to get home for work on Mon I have to fly from and return to Inverness as Wick is closed at weekends which is no use as I usually have to fly down on Fri as meetings are at Bedford and start at midday on Sat and fly back up on Sun to Inverness - Would far rather use the local airport but opening times dont suit!!
Rant Over