PDA

View Full Version : Ferry to Norway

Rictina
18-Jun-10, 20:33
Has anyone been to Norway on a ferry from this north coast ? If so which route did you take ?

Dog-eared
18-Jun-10, 20:52
I looked at going from Scrabster to Norway on a motorbike a few years ago and the timings of the ferries meant you had to overnight in Orkney and Shetland, so along with the sail to Norway that took up a lot of time on a return trip,unless you want to see the Northern Isles as you go.
As I remember, it was quicker to go from Aberdeen.
But that was a few years ago! I didn't do the trip, but it would be interesting to see how things are nowadays.

Rictina
18-Jun-10, 21:37
I looked at going from Scrabster to Norway on a motorbike a few years ago and the timings of the ferries meant you had to overnight in Orkney and Shetland, so along with the sail to Norway that took up a lot of time on a return trip,unless you want to see the Northern Isles as you go.
As I remember, it was quicker to go from Aberdeen.
But that was a few years ago! I didn't do the trip, but it would be interesting to see how things are nowadays.

Argh right, yes it will be intresting to hear if anyone has made the trip & what experiences they had.

LMS
19-Jun-10, 00:11
Went from Newcastle a few years ago and it cost £69 for 3 nights. Ferry was excellent but spewed all the way home.

Anfield
19-Jun-10, 00:14
Went from Newcastle a few years ago and it cost £69 for 3 nights. Ferry was excellent but spewed all the way home.

I also have that problem with beer bought on ferries

bekisman
19-Jun-10, 09:01
I also have that problem with beer bought on ferries

Quite witty...