PDA

View Full Version : What Does Wick Not Want?

Tubthumper
17-Jun-10, 23:16
There's a lot of argument over what isn't wanted in Wick. Here's a poll to help the Council make their minds up what to do with the little cash that's available.

horseman
18-Jun-10, 14:17
I absolutely loved the high school--every thing about it, even some of the quirky teachers. No bad memories at all, so I for one would like a rebuild on the same area. He says as an ancient an out of the area ! But you did ask for opinions.

lynne duncan
18-Jun-10, 14:24
another choice would have been a new super school built else where in wick

porshiepoo
18-Jun-10, 15:08
I love the original High school, admittedly though I didn't have to go to school there.
My kids went there though and didn't mention once the bad state of repair until their last year when all the Hoo Ha started, then they admitted it was a mess.

I like the idea of the existing school being refurbished if it's possible to do it within budget to a degree that's acceptable.
If not then building elsewhere would have to be the alternative though I don't believe that this should be done at the expense of existing libraries, pools or jobs.

Bit of a conundrum really and I don't feel as though my input is of any concern as my kids have left school now, I don't live in the area so am not affected by the change (or lack of) and I don't suspect I'll be producing any more little people to attend in the future.

Not everyone is going to be pleased though whatever the outcome.

katarina
18-Jun-10, 22:05
I went to school there when the new buildings were only being built. We picked our way through the building site to classes in wooden huts. I can't remember lessons being disrupted unduly and it was fun.
those were the days!
If the upkeep of the old school had been kept up to date, it would have never fallen into the state it is now!

cullpacket
19-Jun-10, 18:23
Monobrews !!!