PDA

View Full Version : 70s Disc Jockeys

scotsboy
20-Jun-06, 19:04
Anyone remember Johnny French? Whatever happened to him?

Woolie
20-Jun-06, 22:34
Don't remeber him but i do Tony Prince from luxemburg radio anyone elese remeber him :lol::roll:too

George Brims
21-Jun-06, 00:05
I remember him from both Radio Luxembourg and Barbarella's night club in Palma Nova. He was a pillock.

souperman
21-Jun-06, 09:18
Wasn`t Johnny French one of the local dj`s, I remember the name but dont remember much else from that era, a mixture of time/pomagne/el dorado wine/carlsberg special brew and pernod and blackcurrent have clouded any memories I might have of weekend country dances or the ones at the old scout hut at naver.........probably best forgotten and left alone. I think it was Rafferty`s Rainbow that was at the scout hut, must stop now, getting a cold shiver up my spine just thinking about them......it was fun though !

scotsboy
21-Jun-06, 09:45
Aye Johnny French was a local DJ.

fender
21-Jun-06, 12:46
Guilty! I remember the Johnny French Disco playing many times during the early 70's at the Stags Head in Golspie. Also the band Bible John ,which I think came from Thurso as well., played a lot at the Stag.

Rheghead
21-Jun-06, 13:08
Top of the Pops has gone, an end of an era.

Sporran
21-Jun-06, 16:26
Aye Johnny French was a local DJ.

Yes, he was indeed. An English chap who moved up to Thurso. I remember attending several of his discos at Viewfirth and the Weigh Inn, back in the 70s. He was quite suave - a good-looking man with collar length dark blond to light brown hair, slightly wavy and always neat. A trendy dresser also. I reckon he must have been in his 30s in those days.

Sporran
21-Jun-06, 18:20
Guilty! I remember the Johnny French Disco playing many times during the early 70's at the Stags Head in Golspie. Also the band Bible John ,which I think came from Thurso as well., played a lot at the Stag.

I recollect Bible John too. At least one of the members came from Halkirk, if I remember correctly.

bky
22-Jun-06, 12:10
Johnny's son Philip was in my class at THS - i think they moved away from here in 3rd yr (1976-77)