PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for finding Breagha!

dragonfly
17-Jun-10, 06:59
We were heading home from holiday yesterday and on the Causewaymire when I got a panicked phone call from our son, Breagha our chocolate lab had somehow gotten out of the garden and was nowhere to be seen :(

Thankfully some kind person had found her wandering around near the High School and took her to the police station. Sean and my Dad found her holed up in a cell looking awful sad for herself but that soon changed when she heard her name.

Although Breagha is chipped her name tag had come off in the last week or so and we hadn't replaced it............lesson learned and a new one is being ordered today as if we had done it earlier she would have been home a whole lot earlier

thank you to the person who took her to the police, don't know who you are but hope that you are reading this

Sarah
17-Jun-10, 17:21
That's lovely, very happy Breagha is home safely.

unicorn
17-Jun-10, 17:40
It is good to hear stories like these and remember that there are still some lovely people in the world :D

dragonfly
17-Jun-10, 17:53
went to the police station this afternoon and it was Dr Grant (THS Head) who took her there, so thank you Dr Grant :Razz

10 new name tags have been ordered (just our name/phone no) so if any of the dogs lose their tags again (which they do quite regularily) I have a spare to hand

teenybash
17-Jun-10, 18:06
Phew!!!!!! I bet you mind went into overdrive....Glad she is home safe and well.....:)

Rictina
17-Jun-10, 18:10
Oh thats so lovely to hear, such a relief hey.

Leanne
17-Jun-10, 18:15
Brilliant news!

Have you thought of a tag like this that the collar threads through rather than clipping to?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brass-Collar-tag-engraved-16mm-21mm-width-/280328894448?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&hash=item4144e777f0
http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/m/mnvRoyPWbs4GoJ3WXyeeyqw/140.jpg

dragonfly
17-Jun-10, 18:26
brass and cream coated doodles don't mix too well, got 10 off ebay for £7.00 so thats good enough for them, as they do lose them frequently, prob due to forever being in sea & river