PDA

View Full Version : Glenfruin b&b inverness

bored2bitz
16-Jun-10, 19:44
'Glenfruin'
50 FAIRFIELD ROAD
INVERNESS

If you have or are planning to book rooms with this B&B please be careful.

This b&b was advertised in the Groat weeks ago, I booked a double and single room with this lady,when it came to the price pppn she was going to charge me more than she had stated in her advert in the end she gave it at that price for the double but charged us extra for the single, i know a lot of places do this but in her advert she stated a price pppn not pppn depending on the room type!

We phoned her the night before we went down for directions and all was ok with our booking she advised us to come for the key early as she was going out.
When my partner went to the B&B she proceeded to tell him she had put my mother in with us in a family room when told we weren't happy with this she offered us a single room in her neighbours b&b but it would be a further £5 a night.
This lady took my booking 4 weeks before we where due there for 1 double & 1 single room at no point had she phoned to let us know she had changed our booking or that anything was wrong.

If this is the way she does business she must spoil a lot of peoples breaks with her assumptions,she must have thought we'd take the family room as we would be desperate.

She spoilt our weekend what should have been a nice break turned out to be very stressful as we ran around trying to find somewhere else to stay. We ended up going home on Saturday instead of Sunday as planned.

I want to warn people as I would hate this to happen to someone we went by car what if this had happened to someone who had gone to Inverness by bus or train if they went later to pick up their key they may have had no option but to take the room.

donnick
16-Jun-10, 21:10
How can people get away with that spoiling people break away [evil] i hope u let her know what a disgraceful woman she was treating u like this

horseman
17-Jun-10, 02:27
Not to everyones taste, but that is what the site is all about an more power to their elbow.

Aaldtimer
17-Jun-10, 03:16
Not to everyones taste, but that is what the site is all about an more power to their elbow.

Eh?:confused