PDA

View Full Version : eBay postage

Bartlett Boy
16-Jun-10, 19:03
just wondering what the org thinks of overated postage etc

well i was annoyed at being charged more for here well my faith has just been restored there are decent folk charging decent price for delivery £30 from depest wales near swansea for a set 4 alloys if this isnt good value i dont know what is the only thing is finding them or should we start charging more to send to england ???

Dog-eared
16-Jun-10, 21:12
Yes, shop around for postal charges.

Nacho
16-Jun-10, 23:16
shop around, but even if you do feel you've been overcharged on postage after a package arrives,
contact the seller and politely point out the amount they've overcharged by (take into consideration the cost of packaging and actual postage charge) then ask them to refund you through paypal.
sellers don't want the negative feedback and will always (in my experience) refund you the difference.

too many sellers guestimate the cost to send something, here's an example ...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Melanie-C-North-Star-CD-/260617360013?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Music_Music_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item3cae01528d

this was for 2nd class postage (no, i wasn't looking for a mel c cd, but plucked this out of the list, honest ;))

it always amazes me how thick some ebay sellers are, did this cd not sell because it's crap or because there was 3 quid postage for 2nd class post ?!!

Stefan
16-Jun-10, 23:30
I bought some stuff online this week and signed up an account with the company in question. Typed in my details and had to fill in postcode and county. After that I had to tick where my location was, had to choose from England, Ireland, Wales, Scotland (central) and Scotland (northern). Guess what I ticked? Yep, Scotland (central). Honestly, if you draw a line between Shetland and Glasgow and look up the middle Caithness is pretty much there.
So I got sent the parcel for 8.50 plus vat. Had I ticked Scotland (northern) the postage would have cost me 24.50 plus vat. The thing only weighed 3 kilos and the goods were worth 26 quid.

shazzy
17-Jun-10, 08:34
had to pay an extra £10 ontop of £15 delivery for a boat part from company on ebay,they sent wrong part,cost me £12.99 to send back.Had to take it to dispute in the end to get money back but couldnt claim the extra £10 as its not considered normal postage!!:mad:

Leanne
17-Jun-10, 10:04
I just don't declare where I am any more. 9/10 they don't even notice the location ;)