PDA

View Full Version : Rubarb Jam

chocolatechip
16-Jun-10, 16:03
Hi has anyone got a recipe for rubarb jam, a friend gave me quite a bit of it that she has grown in her own garden and I don't know what to do with it so any suggestions would be brilliant. Thank you chocolatechip xx

nightspirit
16-Jun-10, 22:42
2 kg of rubarb to 1.5 kg o jam sugar simmer untill it sets when dropped in to a saucer of cold water - if ya want you can also add some ginger for a nice jam

ciderally
05-Jul-10, 09:53
Hi has anyone got a recipe for rubarb jam, a friend gave me quite a bit of it that she has grown in her own garden and I don't know what to do with it so any suggestions would be brilliant. Thank you chocolatechip xx
A lady runs stall in wick on sat that makes all her own stuff, her rubarb jam is 5 star ....

Leanne
05-Jul-10, 11:07
I made rhubarb champagne. It's dead easy to do and is really tasty!

I used this yeast http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Youngs-Wine-Making-Home-Brew-Yeast-choice-9-types-/390214335061?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Home_Brew&var=&hash=item99ab59da2b - not bad for £1.19 and a 1kg bag of sugar!

Basically £2.50 and you have about 7 bottles of pink champagne!

Beat Bug
05-Jul-10, 13:54
Rhubarb crumble is our favourite! Also make it with some chopped ginger.

Leanne
05-Jul-10, 14:04
Rhubarb crumble is our favourite! Also make it with some chopped ginger.

Mmmmm nom nom nom!

If you want an extra crispy crumble make the topping up and put it on a baking tray in a hot oven for 5-10 minutes. Allow to cool then recrumble up and pop on top of your rhubarb - gives a chunkier crumble

Commore
01-Nov-10, 20:33
To your Rhubarb Jam, add some wild mint, it is delicious and was a big hit in our guest house when we we offered Afternoon Cream Teas,
;)