PDA

View Full Version : pregnant dog

purplelady
16-Jun-10, 12:30
Well am not really sure if she is or is.nt yet she was catch about 10 days ago i think she seems to be a bit moody and not herself just now any advice and how i can tell if she is or is,nt thanks all am sure someone will be able to advice xxxxxx

kitty
16-Jun-10, 18:32
I think the only way you can tell for definate before they start to show is to get a scan done by the vets but i'm sorry i can't remember how much they charge for it or how far along the dog has to be before you can get it done :)

You'll have to keep us all updated. What kind of dog is she?

purplelady
11-Jul-10, 22:50
she is a collie has alovely nature just a bit mad at times we are now pretty sure she is pregnant she has about 4 weeks to go and is getting big now xxxxx

Dadie
11-Jul-10, 23:37
Oh!
just feed her more than usual and chat with the vet about worming etc...
Good luck when the puppies arrive!

_Ju_
12-Jul-10, 08:29
Count 60 days from the time she was caught and expect the puppies close to that date. She will start nesting at some point and you will need to try and accomodate her in a quiet, dry place. She might not want to have them where you want her to. 24 hours before birth her temperature will drop by a degree. Get in touch with your vet for detailed advice.
Good luck and just let her get on with it unless you suspect something is wrong. The vet will be needed then.