PDA

View Full Version : Plusnet 8mb

Rheghead
20-Jun-06, 10:10
I see there is an advertsement for Plusnet 8mb broadband on Caithness.org. Are we able to get that amount of speeds up here in Caithness yet?:confused

Niall Fernie
20-Jun-06, 12:08
I'm not sure of which exchanges have been upgraded, but it will also be related to your distance from exchange as with all other 8mb packages. From what I've been told, as soon as we come to the front of the queue of plusnet customers we'll get the max that can be transferred on our line (up to 8mb), all at no extra charge :) I'm not sure where new customers sit in the plusnet queuing system but I'd imagine that new installs would be first.

engiebenjy
20-Jun-06, 20:38
Well, i'm with aol, and i got an email yesterday saying that my upgrade would happen over the next few days. Don't think i'll get 8mb though, cos of distance from the exchange, but I know a couple of people at work, who are with bt have already had their upgrade done.

connieb19
20-Jun-06, 20:46
Well, i'm with aol, and i got an email yesterday saying that my upgrade would happen over the next few days. Don't think i'll get 8mb though, cos of distance from the exchange, but I know a couple of people at work, who are with bt have already had their upgrade done.I'm with AOL too and had an email yesterday as well..:D

MGB1979
20-Jun-06, 22:07
I'm still impatiently waiting for Plusnet to upgrade me, I've been with them for 3/4 years but that doesn't carry any sway.

I've been told the Wick exchange is enabled but I can't confirm it.

I've tested my line and I'll get the full 8MB once Plusnet get their finger oot.:D

Dali
20-Jun-06, 23:15
I have had 8mb for few months now but have just swapped from bt to force9 witch is owned by plusnet.
I get 8.1mb but unless you do alot of downloading do not expect miracles with websites. I doubt you will even notice the change.
But if you download music and movies its great :)

Moonboots
22-Jun-06, 09:51
Ive also had 8.1MB since April with Virgin.net

The exchanges were enabled on the 31st of March for ADSL Max. (8MB)

So hopefully most people should be able to get this speed as long as your in the safe distance of the exchange.

Im approx 518 meters fae the exchange and thats why I can get 8.1MB

Like what Dali said - dont expect any big changes etc... only difference is the downloading of stuff.

The Angel Of Death
22-Jun-06, 10:18
I'm still impatiently waiting for Plusnet to upgrade me, I've been with them for 3/4 years but that doesn't carry any sway.

Wick exchange has been live for ages also with plusnet they claim to be transfering customers over based on the time you have been with them (longer your withem the quicker you get it)

I emailed them for my mum's account (been with them just under a year) and was told that it wouldnt be active to july (this was 2 months ago) and to register for getting it put on sooner and after a few weeks it has been changed over

Send em a mail and that shoulod start the ball rolling