PDA

View Full Version : Tiler

lar
19-Jun-06, 20:10
Does anyone know a good but quite cheap tiler??
I need my bathroom tiled asap.

Rheghead
19-Jun-06, 21:07
I don't know your personal circumstances but have you thought about doing it yourself if you are truly desparate? Once you got the first straight line going it is quite easy with using the spacers. You need a good pair of snippers for cutting and a smoothing stone and you are away. You can use a combined adhesive and grout or separate.

Getting a jobber who will actually turn up on time is quite hard around here and you might save a lot of money. I learnt by just wading in, if a tile is a bit wonky it is amazing what a good going over with grout can do.

lar
20-Jun-06, 07:54
MMMmmmm dont think id atempt myself. Thanks anyway

dirdyweeker
20-Jun-06, 09:09
My mother did hers when she was 70.....and they are still on 10 years later! Go on and have a bash. You learn by your mistakes. The library will give you a DIY book that shows you how it's done.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
20-Jun-06, 15:14
Aye go on lar,give it a shot.

Cedric's tip for the day....plenty o' grout and use the spacers(or in ma case matchsticks),a sharp tile cutter and ye cannae go wrong!!!!:lol: :lol:

lar
21-Jun-06, 18:12
i cant do it myself.
please help.:~(

Angel Eyes
21-Jun-06, 19:13
Aye you can!!!! E Wilma says you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blackbess
21-Jun-06, 19:28
hi lar - try contacting teddybear1873 - he was a tiler may be interested -good luck !

blackbess
21-Jun-06, 19:30
He was in Thurso - think he still is !

landmarker
21-Jun-06, 20:50
Wat Tiler??

lar
21-Jun-06, 22:25
teddybear1873 seems to be in america now.
Thanks anyway.

pedromcgrory
22-Jun-06, 01:18
teddybear was a roof tiler ,i just finished my mums whole bathroom ,and needless to say its not as hard as u think as stated think it through where to start and where ul use more wastage etc start of on straight level ,and the best of all was my mum picked big tiles roughley 10 inch by 5 inch wich is easier

Chillie
22-Jun-06, 01:30
teddybear was a roof tiler ,i just finished my mums whole bathroom ,and needless to say its not as hard as u think as stated think it through where to start and where ul use more wastage etc start of on straight level ,and the best of all was my mum picked big tiles roughley 10 inch by 5 inch wich is easier

With that size of tiles, you must have either a very large bathroom, or quite a lot of waste-age.:eek:

pedromcgrory
22-Jun-06, 01:38
With that size of tiles, you must have either a very large bathroom, or quite a lot of waste-age.:eek:
minimun wastage standard size bathroom ,bottom half is wooden right round i used approx, 80 tiles infact just measured tiles they are 14 inch lenght and 9 and half wide

Chillie
22-Jun-06, 01:52
minimun wastage standard size bathroom ,bottom half is wooden right round i used approx, 80 tiles infact just measured tiles they are 14 inch lenght and 9 and half wide

I ye never said aat, the bottom wis wood lined, infact ,you then had a guide line to start from. :roll: Who wis yer spredie?:confused:

pedromcgrory
22-Jun-06, 02:21
I ye never said aat, the bottom wis wood lined, infact ,you then had a guide line to start from. :roll: Who wis yer spredie?:confused:wots a spredie when its at home lol