PDA

View Full Version : Summer Solstice!!!

phoenix
19-Jun-06, 17:42
Anyone getting up to anything special on the Solstice.........midnight swim,or early morning swim, bonfire, barbie, dancing round a stone circle or anything of that nature? I was going to be doing something really special {may still do it} but the masons stopped me! :Razz

connieb19
19-Jun-06, 17:44
Anyone getting up to anything special on the Solstice.........midnight swim,or early morning swim, bonfire, barbie, dancing round a stone circle or anything of that nature? I was going to be doing something really special {may still do it} but the masons stopped me! :RazzWhen is it phoenix?

phoenix
19-Jun-06, 17:47
When is it phoenix?

21st June I believe! :Razz

katarina
19-Jun-06, 18:48
Lets have an orgers midsummer madness! What shall we do?

connieb19
19-Jun-06, 18:50
Lets have an orgers midsummer madness! What shall we do?That's a great idea..:Razz

katarina
19-Jun-06, 20:00
Suggestions folks? We could dance naked round the old man. We could go to Reiss beach and skinnydip. We could go to Stroma and dance naked round the gloup. We could dance naked round the hill o' many stanes. Or we could do it properly and go to Orkney and dance round the standing stones there. Or we could keep our clothes on (what's so great about naked anyway?) and get legless.

golach
19-Jun-06, 20:26
OH no lads, its wiccan time again, watch out for low flying broomsticks, coming out of the sun, Crayola and her hand maidens will be busy about the 21st, its gonna be a long night lads [lol]

phoenix
19-Jun-06, 20:40
Suggestions folks? We could dance naked round the old man. We could go to Reiss beach and skinnydip. We could go to Stroma and dance naked round the gloup. We could dance naked round the hill o' many stanes. Or we could do it properly and go to Orkney and dance round the standing stones there. Or we could keep our clothes on (what's so great about naked anyway?) and get legless.

What old man katarina? :confused Done the Reiss beach dip allbeit fully clothed, never done Stroma or the Hill of many stanes or Orkney! Lets go visit golach and his male friends instead should be a laugh! Broomsticks to the ready! :Razz

candyfloss
19-Jun-06, 20:45
Anyone getting up to anything special on the Solstice.........midnight swim,or early morning swim, bonfire, barbie, dancing round a stone circle or anything of that nature? I was going to be doing something really special {may still do it} but the masons stopped me! :Razz
I,m up for bit of midsummer madness Phoenix, just give me a shout if you fancy doing something as long as it doesn't involve going to spoons:eek:

Moira
19-Jun-06, 20:47
OH no lads, its wiccan time again, watch out for low flying broomsticks, coming out of the sun, Crayola and her and her hand maidens will be busy about the 21st, its gonna be a long night lads [lol]

Golach - The summer solstice is the shortest night but the longest day. Katarina has suggested dancing "naked round the old man". She didn't actually specify "Grumpy Owld Man" but - if you're really keen - pm me & I'll canvass the "hand maidens" with your request. Crayola will have final say of course ;)

golach
19-Jun-06, 22:15
Golach - The summer solstice is the shortest night but the longest day. Katarina has suggested dancing "naked round the old man". She didn't actually specify "Grumpy Owld Man" but - if you're really keen - pm me & I'll canvass the "hand maidens" with your request. Crayola will have final say of course ;)
Moira, Aye Right!!!!! I am no that keen, a bunch o fat owld wifies dancing round me...No Way, I would rather stop drinking [disgust]

katarina
20-Jun-06, 12:55
The castle of old wick (known locally as the Old Man of wick) I meant, for those of you not in the know. However, the grumpy owld man of Caithness.org might be more fun. And heh - old and fat? Ye micht be surprised!

canuck
20-Jun-06, 14:05
It sounds like fun! I'll be with you in spirit.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
20-Jun-06, 14:38
Skinny dippin in the sea is alright as long as ye havnae sat on any barbed wire lately.Because as soon as the salt hits it .......yaroobahhh!!!:lol: :lol:

teuchter
20-Jun-06, 16:15
Skinny dippin in the sea is alright as long as ye havnae sat on any barbed wire lately.Because as soon as the salt hits it .......yaroobahhh!!!:lol: :lol:

Is sitting on barbed wire 1 of your personal fetishes coming to light, or was this just 1 of those mishaps that would be better left to our imaginations to work out how you managed it? Im just trying to work out how many of the Orgers, who would be up for skinny dipping would have suffered this misfortune. And im hassarding a guess here... but its just you.

connieb19
20-Jun-06, 18:22
The salt water's good if you've got spots on yer bum...:eek:

Elenna
20-Jun-06, 19:11
Well, I quite definitely have not sat on any barbed wire lately :p so I can vouch that my tush is in a presentable state. A bit of dancing and skinny-dipping sounds a lot of fun, too.... :lol:

phoenix
20-Jun-06, 19:16
I,m up for bit of midsummer madness Phoenix, just give me a shout if you fancy doing something as long as it doesn't involve going to spoons:eek:

Ive gone off doing something daft candyfloss its too weet! Plenty Midsummer Madness here on the org without having to leave the hoose tonight! :Razz

katarina
20-Jun-06, 20:13

I haven't tried that one I must say. right now I'm sitting at my window, looking out at my washing blowinbg in the pelting rain and long for the old days when we had a BBQ and midnight bathing at the Trinkie - and it always seemed to be warm. the worst thing you could sit on was a limpet!

teuchter
20-Jun-06, 20:31
The salt water's good if you've got spots on yer bum...:eek:

The barbed wire is definetly not.

connieb19
20-Jun-06, 20:34
The barbed wire is definetly not.I heard the electric fence is good for zapping those zits though!!:evil

pultneytooner
20-Jun-06, 20:36

Won't your old man object to people dancing round him?:D

teuchter
20-Jun-06, 20:38
I heard the electric fence is good for zapping those zits though!!:evil
Yeah but how many bottles of clearacil pluke zapper could you buy for the price of a car battery?

phoenix
21-Jun-06, 10:03
Well did any of you manage to do anything last night or this morning for the solstice other than take the Mick out of other people and their posts? [disgust]

golach
21-Jun-06, 10:09
Well did any of you manage to do anything last night or this morning for the solstice other than take the Mick out of other people and their posts? [disgust]
Were you up at daybreak and washing your face in the frost Phoenix?[disgust]

phoenix
21-Jun-06, 10:27
Were you up at daybreak and washing your face in the frost Phoenix?[disgust]

Not the Frost golach plenty of that on here..........the morning dew, works wonders in getting rid of unwanted energies, clears the mind, and revives the spirit!:p

cuddlepop
21-Jun-06, 10:40
Never got a chance to do anything other than go to bed early last night Pheonix,so tired just now.
Weather is awful today ,blowing a gale and chucking it down.
Had some weird dreams lastnight,you know the ones we're your sleeping but awake at the same time scarey...:eek:

Ann
21-Jun-06, 10:46
Hope the weather improves in Skye shortly as I am planning a visit soon! I am depending on you Cuddlepop; do your best!
Cheers,
Ann

cuddlepop
21-Jun-06, 10:56
We've had a few nice days but nothing like a summer.Skye's misearable when its wet so i hope it improves soon.Enjoy your visit when your over.Dont think we'll get away till September this year.:cool: When the weather is lovely on Skye its like being on holiday,lots of lovely walks to take,just bring your avon skin so soft Ann the midges are terrible;)

dirdyweeker
21-Jun-06, 13:48
well, tonight is the night. Summer solstice. By the looks of the weather so far today we will be lucky to get a long light night. It is so overcast that it seems the chance of enjoying more daylight than normal seems slim. With it being so cold too I reckon we will be better to spend our time tapping our fingers over our keyboards than dancing round any old man. Think I will give the midnight swimming a miss!

Ann
21-Jun-06, 23:06
There is a bonnie pink sky over Holburn Head and a blue bittie as well but the rest is overcast. Still quite light though and the wind has dropped; lovely night.

Years ago, a bunch of friends had midnight picnics on Reiss beach on the Summer Solstice. Then some bright wag suggested we do the same on the shortest day of the year in December! And we did! It was one of the stormiest nights for ages but when we went to the beach south of Keiss, we were sheltered from the gales as they were blowing off the land and after the cold of being in the tooth of the gales, the beach seemed quite warm.
A few brave souls went in to the sea; I only went in to my knees and that was enough. Seemingly there are only a few degrees between summer and winter sea temperatures and I must admit the bottle of whisky kept us warm.

Moira
21-Jun-06, 23:49
OK - report from Wick is much the same. Sky is overcast but broken by light here & there. Looking from north side of Wick towards Ackergill/Reiss area there is still a red glow at the "bottom of the sky". The Milton/Haster area is being blessed by a bit of broken sky at the moment - it's gloomy but not totally dark. The wind has dropped, the grass is strewn with leaves due to the onslaught of the wind earlier, more reminiscent of a day in the "back end" than midsummer. All is calm. Not the true, warm & light midsummer night we look for - but good all the same.

Nello
21-Jun-06, 23:59
Im 90 miles east of Humberside just now and its pitch black.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
22-Jun-06, 21:56
Is sitting on barbed wire 1 of your personal fetishes coming to light, or was this just 1 of those mishaps that would be better left to our imaginations to work out how you managed it? Im just trying to work out how many of the Orgers, who would be up for skinny dipping would have suffered this misfortune. And im hassarding a guess here... but its just you.

Naw its just me.One o' they country strolls that I went on.Thought that the barbed wire fence was low enough to hurdle,how wrong I was....rrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiippppppp...material and skin in shreds.I still have the scars today!!!:lol: :lol: