PDA

View Full Version : Eastern airways full fare shocker

zappster
14-Jun-10, 10:50
This is just a warning that if you are going to be flying with Eastern airways from Wick to Aberdeen or vice versa.If you book your tickets on day of travel They will only issue full fare flights.
This is a disgrace as there is nearly always the capability for the cheaper seats on day of travel.
I should know as i've been flying monthly for the last 16 years.

Could this be a way of getting back at the Highland air discount Scheme,which im sure they are not happy about anyway?

Earlhickey
14-Jun-10, 11:15
I would expect to pay full fare if booking on the same day as traveling, when else would they charge full fare? Have you paid less when flying at the last minute with them in the past?

zappster
14-Jun-10, 11:49
Yes.. every month, sometimes booking in less than 2 hours after arriving in Aberdeen

miller30
14-Jun-10, 12:43
I cant understand why they cant just have a fixed fee for flying, Say £50 each way no matter when you fly, they would have the plane filled the whole time,

I for one would use it to even go shopping, down in the morning home at night.

And there should also be some kind of allowances for oil workers as they are always using their service, but get treated unfairly most of the time, with check in times ect,

LMS
14-Jun-10, 16:46
I have booked flights at online whilst my husband is standing in the queue waiting to check in!!

In particular, oil workers, who form the majority of passengers, require a degree of flexibility in pricing as their itineraries change at the last minute. I think it is a disgrace to charge the full fare for last minute bookings. Also, if the fares were slightly cheaper I am sure there would be more bums on seats.

bluechesse
14-Jun-10, 17:31
I'll tell you what else drives me batty. Every time theres a Bank Holiday, they cancel the first 2 flights on a Monday.

I travel to work on a monday, need to get to Heathrow monday afternoon so the 7am flights works out perfect. But, the last twice I've traveled (Easter monday and Monday the 31st of May, they have just canceled the flights altogether.

Do they not realsie the majority of their clients are oil workers, and oil companies don't stop for Bank Holidays?[disgust]

scorpion
14-Jun-10, 17:59
But if they didn`t charge full price for someone turning up just before the flight was leaving , then everyone would start doing that !

Kevin Milkins
14-Jun-10, 18:07
I would love to fly out of Wick airport, but even with the discount scheme I still find the price prohibitive.:(

sids
14-Jun-10, 18:08
I'll tell you what else drives me batty. Every time theres a Bank Holiday, they cancel the first 2 flights on a Monday.

I travel to work on a monday, need to get to Heathrow monday afternoon so the 7am flights works out perfect. But, the last twice I've traveled (Easter monday and Monday the 31st of May, they have just canceled the flights altogether.

Do they not realsie the majority of their clients are oil workers, and oil companies don't stop for Bank Holidays?[disgust]

Perhaps it's a Heathrow thing- bigger planes want the slots.

octane
14-Jun-10, 19:40
I was speaking with one of the Eastern Airways staff a while back and asked why they dont make the flights cheaper as the amount of empty seats is ridiculous.

I was told that there not bothered about passengers as the flights been paid for and the moneys is made with the freight/cargo so the public are more a hindrance albeit make they will make more profit :eek:

ducati
14-Jun-10, 20:58
I would love to fly out of Wick airport, but even with the discount scheme I still find the price prohibitive.:(

Any destination in mind, or do you just want to fly out of Wick? :lol:

Kevin Milkins
14-Jun-10, 21:00
Any destination in mind, or do you just want to fly out of Wick? :lol:

:lol:LOL, Not really, it's just the novelty of being able to walk to the airport from my house and fly south.

Phill
14-Jun-10, 21:12
....the moneys is made with the freight/cargo so the public are more a hindrance albeit make they will make more profit

Someone's havin' a giraffe here. What cargo!!

octane
14-Jun-10, 21:28
Thats what I thought but suppose we dont see it though, not as if it goes on the carousel.

Amy-Winehouse
14-Jun-10, 21:39
Aye they dont even give you a cup of tea anymore, never mind alcohol. I hadnt used the plane since October & then in March I was late gettin off the rig so I booked onto the last plane coz no way was I staying in Aberdeen when I could get home.

I asked the stewardess why there was no drinks & she said that someone had complained they didnt get a drink one time when it was busy so the Airline stopped it altogether!!!

£93 return for 20 mins flight against 6 hours by train to inverness bus to WK, If I knew for definite I was gettin off the rig Id travel like that every time- BUT we get in Dyce about 11 am & can be home via public transport just after 5 pm for £60 , shame about no toilet on the bus[disgust]

Flying is good though, 20 mins & yer home

bluechesse
15-Jun-10, 12:50
Perhaps it's a Heathrow thing- bigger planes want the slots.

Nowt to do with heathrow, they dont fly there, got to go to Aberdeen, then Heathrow.

Its just an Eastern Airways thing.

lasher
15-Jun-10, 20:51
You pay full fair for booking the day before aswell, and they don't fly the early flight on friday morning now either, what a pain that is!!