PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know?

ice box
19-Jun-06, 15:40
Hi has anyone heard anymore about tesco as when there starting as time is getting on if they want to be up for christmas ?;)

changilass
19-Jun-06, 15:58
Hi has anyone heard anymore about tesco as when there starting as time is getting on if they want to be up for christmas ?;)

They still have time. When I lived in Cumbernauld we watched the Asda go up, it took 6 weeks from scratch, quite impressive. Macdonalds topped that, from starting on site to doors opening was only 3 weeks.

ice box
19-Jun-06, 16:15
just seems to gone quite .

JAWS
19-Jun-06, 16:17
I'm only guessing but I would think they would want to be up and running at least by November in time for the Christmas Rush. I woudn't think they would want to miss that.

angela5
19-Jun-06, 17:36
just seems to gone quite .

12 weeks to build the one in Elgin.

orkneylass
19-Jun-06, 17:39
Our Lidl opens in Orkney on Thursday - It will cause a riot! Can't wait! Fruit and veg prices halved in one go. Plus all those wierd things they sell - always a new suprise.

peedie man
19-Jun-06, 17:45
there was 3 of the big bosses up here last week in a private jet

candyfloss
19-Jun-06, 20:52
I heard today that Tullochs are starting building on 1st July:Razz

Fran
19-Jun-06, 21:22
Tesco is definetly coming. The contractors, not tullochs, who build all the new Tesco stores, are looking for accomodation in wick for their building workers.:Razz

Phoebus_Apollo
19-Jun-06, 22:18
The job center web site is currently looking for "recruitment Center advsiors" til November to deal with the applications for jobs at Tesco..mines in already!!;)

ice box
19-Jun-06, 22:34
Tesco is definetly coming. The contractors, not tullochs, who build all the new Tesco stores, are looking for accomodation in wick for their building workers.:Razz
that will be barr construction they do all tesco work .

dirdyweeker
20-Jun-06, 09:11
I believe thjat the electrical firm usually involved with Tesco may not get the work as solar power is being discussed for the Wick shop.

rainbow
20-Jun-06, 20:59
Tescos is supposed to be opening on 27 Nov 06 - apparently they do not open new branches in December. Recruitment centre advisor jobs advertised in Job Centre and they have the application forms.
Can't wait until they open - guess where I will be shopping.

dragonfly
20-Jun-06, 21:02
they had their application to sell alcohol approved today by the licensing board :Razz :Razz

squashed frog
20-Jun-06, 21:05
My better half has an interview for the Wick Tesco tomorrow so I hope they are actually building it!!