PDA

View Full Version : Sharing of Family Trees.

trinkie
13-Jun-10, 19:07
Because of a recent incident regarding sharing of Family Trees, it's worth reminding folk to be very careful when passing on information they might have about Living People, especially if it's not their own family, and folk they know nothing about.

There are many reasons why some people do not wish their private information published like this.

Amongst most Family History Groups there is a Golden Rule never to include Living People, it's a good rule so I urge you to stick to it.

Trinkie.

Loafer
13-Jun-10, 20:26
Because of a recent incident regarding sharing of Family Trees, it's worth reminding folk to be very careful when passing on information they might have about Living People, especially if it's not their own family, and folk they know nothing about.

There are many reasons why some people do not wish their private information published like this.

Amongst most Family History Groups there is a Golden Rule never to include Living People, it's a good rule so I urge you to stick to it.

Trinkie.

Don't know what incident you are speaking about, but my rule is to ask anyone still living if they want to be on my family tree. Simple.

The Loafer

phyllis ferguson
14-Jun-10, 00:56
My Heritage - generally has anyone alive listed as Private for those non members just visiting the site. Only members who have been invited to join or have been vetted by the person creating the family tree can view the living peoples details.
Unfortunately I have managed to lock myself out of my tree and can only access it as a visitor so I have no access to the people still living.

John Harper of York
04-Feb-11, 20:33
My Heritage - generally has anyone alive listed as Private for those non members just visiting the site. Only members who have been invited to join or have been vetted by the person creating the family tree can view the living peoples details.
Unfortunately I have managed to lock myself out of my tree and can only access it as a visitor so I have no access to the people still living.

Phylis, hopefully you are not still locked out, if you are, the support team at MyHeritage are very helpful. Contact them via this page http://www.myheritage.com/contact-myheritage

John