PDA

View Full Version : Thurso Footie Tournament

2boyz1girl
13-Jun-10, 15:58
What a difference today. I think all the teams were great and the supporters for keeping the atmosphere upbeat! Well done to the organisers. Let's hope every other tournament will be the same.

Bradcon
13-Jun-10, 16:22
Shame about the 1 TYC player using abusive language on the pitch and booing the other team.

These things happen all the time, by lots of teams, only some people only se what they want to.

Moonboots
13-Jun-10, 16:28
How does some people only see what they want.

The TYC player got warned by the referee and the coach and his father had a stern word with him.

I didnt hear any booing though...

However yes it was a great day out and hope next week is the same.

wickscorrie
13-Jun-10, 20:00
glad you enjoyed the tournie 2boyz1girl as you say hopefully all the rest of the tournies will maintain the same standards!

windness
13-Jun-10, 21:07
Does anyone know the winners and runner ups for each age group?

Bradcon
14-Jun-10, 08:48
Winners (I think) U7s - East End, u9s - Swifts, u11s - East End, u13s - Swifts, u15s - East End.

U11s R/Up were TYC, U9s R/Up were E/End

Bradcon
14-Jun-10, 08:51
Apart from this one incident, I saw, which the ref dealt with brilliantly, it was a great day.

My point being that, not everyone sees things the same, and these small things happen all the time at these footie tournamants. I thought it was great. Just a shame that there was no hot foot available on the day, to boost the funds for the CBFA.

Looking forward to the next one on Sunday now.

How does some people only see what they want.

The TYC player got warned by the referee and the coach and his father had a stern word with him.

I didnt hear any booing though...

However yes it was a great day out and hope next week is the same.

windness
14-Jun-10, 09:17
Winners (I think) U7s - East End, u9s - Swifts, u11s - East End, u13s - Swifts, u15s - East End.

U11s R/Up were TYC, U9s R/Up were E/End

Thanks for the information.

cog75
14-Jun-10, 11:49
There was no under 7 winners on Sunday as it was just for fun. Some of the children had just started in football and had never played in a match before and they all did fantastic. It was about being a team and having fun. Each team got medals so they were all winners.

The Pepsi Challenge
14-Jun-10, 14:27
Shame about the 1 TYC player using abusive language on the pitch and booing the other team.

These things happen all the time, by lots of teams, only some people only se what they want to.

That's bairns; adults have no excuse. None.