PDA

View Full Version : karma...

trix
13-Jun-10, 14:56
so, whats 'e gen wi' karma then?

i da think i believe in karma anymore. 'e world is too chaotic for even 'e laws o' averages...i think.

i think also that sometimes, bad people do bad things, an they choost get awie wi'ed. us humans wid lek til think that there is justice, some invisible force that systematically sorts oot 'e bad people, that "they'l get their come uppance one day" but sometimes....they choost dina.

bad things happens til guid people, guid things happen til bad people, its all random.

i mite be wrong lek, 'ats choost what i think, aday.

teenybash
13-Jun-10, 15:25
Maybe the times we live in is Karma....sins of our fathers, in the sense that what has gone before, collectively we now pay for.....eg, the greed of the past,could be seen as being avenged by Nature in freak weather conditions causing havoc, earth quakes and even the BP oil that bleeds into the ocean.......just a thought.

John Little
13-Jun-10, 15:35
"i think also that sometimes, bad people do bad things, an they choost get awie wi'ed. us humans wid lek til think that there is justice, some invisible force that systematically sorts oot 'e bad people, that "they'l get their come uppance one day" but sometimes....they choost dina."

It does not work so that you can see it Trix -but if they do bad things, then in their next incarnation they come back as a slug!

trix
13-Jun-10, 15:46
It does not work so that you can see it Trix -but if they do bad things, then in their next incarnation they come back as a slug!

see, i used til believe in reincarnation, in a beeg way...maybe i still do an am choost takin a wee turn or 'at.

i do ken that when we die our energy goes back til 'e universe, all wur quarks - sub atomic particals.
but if ye wis guid or bad disna maitter, we all go 'e same way, til 'e same wide open space.

when ye come back in yer new life, its only bits o' ye, mixed in wi' all 'e ither bits o' people.

i hevna lost ma faith in magic, i still think that ye can manipulate energy, usin 'e correct tools an frame o' mind....i think i hev lost ma spirituality....

help me crayola!!!!

trix
13-Jun-10, 15:50
Maybe the times we live in is Karma....sins of our fathers, in the sense that what has gone before, collectively we now pay for.....eg, the greed of the past,could be seen as being avenged by Nature in freak weather conditions causing havoc, earth quakes and even the BP oil that bleeds into the ocean.......just a thought.

on 'e huge scale, yer absolutely rite teenybash...but what aboot individual karma??

'ats what am findin it hard til get ma heid roond.

"There were so many fewer questions
When stars were still just the holes to Heaven" - jack johnson

crayola
13-Jun-10, 18:27
see, i used til believe in reincarnation, in a beeg way...maybe i still do an am choost takin a wee turn or 'at.

i do ken that when we die our energy goes back til 'e universe, all wur quarks - sub atomic particals.
but if ye wis guid or bad disna maitter, we all go 'e same way, til 'e same wide open space.

when ye come back in yer new life, its only bits o' ye, mixed in wi' all 'e ither bits o' people.

i hevna lost ma faith in magic, i still think that ye can manipulate energy, usin 'e correct tools an frame o' mind....i think i hev lost ma spirituality....

help me crayola!!!!I'm with you trix despite what the reincarnators tried to teach us in this old thread of mine........

Questions about reincarnation (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=9093)

gleeber
13-Jun-10, 18:41
I'm with you trix despite what the reincarnators tried to teach us in this old thread of mine........

Questions about reincarnation (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=9093)

When did you start believing energy could be manipulated depending on the state of mind of the manipulator. :eek:

teenybash
13-Jun-10, 21:33
Maybe it is being forgotten that there is also Good Karma that is bestowed on us and it usually far out weighs any bad, if we sit and give time to think about it.
There are so many theories on reincarnation and one falls into the realms of Astrology where you move each planet in your chart into the previous house, to discover what you were like and perhaps what you did in that previous existance.

ducati
13-Jun-10, 21:46
I dunno Trix.

Recently I've been thinking (probably 'cause I am getting older) that you may have to do more to get to the good place once you've finished here.

I'm thinking, I haven't done much good in my time on earth. I've just lived, made a living, hopefully made my wife happyish, not harmed anyone too badly as far as I am aware. But I haven't actively done any good. There are much worthier people than me. :(

northener
13-Jun-10, 22:19

when ye come back in yer new life, its only bits o' ye, mixed in wi' all 'e ither bits o' people.......!

Welcome to the world of the Pantheist, Trix!!!!:Razz

Pull up a chair and make yerself at home....

squidge
14-Jun-10, 05:13
What goes around comes around trix - people get theirs without a doubt. It might take years and it might mean that the person they were bad to doesn't know it but they do.

Treat others like you would want to be treated yourself and thats all there is - try and live a good life. Good deeds are important but not for the sake of being "good" but because you want to and your heart wont let you not do it. Be brave and love love love. Thats all there is really - years after we are dead often no one remembers we were good at our jobs or anything - only those that loved us remember us.

I dont believe in reincarnation - slugs or otherwise but if there is a heaven i hope its where you live the happiest bits of your life over and over again. Waking up every day hopeful.

That will do me x

Thumper
14-Jun-10, 08:01
Aww Trix ma darlin,karma does exist,it just sometimes seems that it doesnt, and takes forever to "pay it back" but sooner or later they will get whats coming to them! xxx

jings00
14-Jun-10, 09:20
karma....people doing bad things and getting away with it....maybe they get away with it, in as much as no legal retribution, but perhaps their inner peace and happiness is shot...which is karma maybe?

wifie
14-Jun-10, 09:29
karma....people doing bad things and getting away with it....maybe they get away with it, in as much as no legal retribution, but perhaps their inner peace and happiness is shot...which is karma maybe?

I agree . . .

John Little
14-Jun-10, 09:32
What we need here is a scientist - which I am not.

But it was Einstein who said, I think, that all matter is mutated light. That we are made of light.

He also said that no energy is lost. Thus when we die we simply become part of the matter of the universe.

I'm sure there's a lot more to it than that but I do not know enough.

As to the purpose of life....

is that what you are really asking?

trix
15-Jun-10, 22:48
i hev a rite cynical view on life....an deith ifanow :(

i da even believe "whats for ye, wilna go past ye" anymore either.....

'ats choost a bullcrap thing people say when somethin guid happens.

if i never hed a beeg party on friday nite, which resulted in me bein in ma beid all o' seturday, i could o' bin oot, lookin all cool an prity....meetin some really cool guy, ma soul mate (no that i even want til) but instead am in ma beid, he's off meetin some ither cool burd - they live happy iver efter....an i hev nothin but a sore heid :~(

its got nothin til do wi' destiny....its choost chance. ivrythin that happens is by pure chance.

jeasus, what a contradiction am sufferin fie ifanow...ma heids minced!!!

DeHaviLand
15-Jun-10, 22:56
And just who was this poor luckless guy that you stood up Trix?

trix
15-Jun-10, 23:00
And just who was this poor luckless guy that you stood up Trix?

am speakin hypothetically....or is'ed metaphorically???

is there even a difference?? :lol:

och....i choost da ken anymore, stan' me up against 'e wall an shoot me!!!!! :mad:

Sage
15-Jun-10, 23:37
Aaaah Trix :(

Karma isnt always easy to define. Those rotten to the core folk they do usually get what is coming to them but often it's something that we cant see from our position.

The bully is often the bullied behind those closed doors
the rotten evil nasty bloke has had something done to turn him like that.

Bad things happen to good people, that's the cycle of life and all part of our lesson and our path, the good will rise above it, even if its just noticing the small wonders around us. The bad will just fester. The good will make the best of their lot.

As for reincarnation....I have very personal reasons for believing in it.

Do something that restores your balance Trix...you will come out the other side...we've all been where you are now :D

sweetpea
16-Jun-10, 07:21
i hev a rite cynical view on life....an deith ifanow :(

i da even believe "whats for ye, wilna go past ye" anymore either.....

'ats choost a bullcrap thing people say when somethin guid happens.

if i never hed a beeg party on friday nite, which resulted in me bein in ma beid all o' seturday, i could o' bin oot, lookin all cool an prity....meetin some really cool guy, ma soul mate (no that i even want til) but instead am in ma beid, he's off meetin some ither cool burd - they live happy iver efter....an i hev nothin but a sore heid :~(

its got nothin til do wi' destiny....its choost chance. ivrythin that happens is by pure chance.

jeasus, what a contradiction am sufferin fie ifanow...ma heids minced!!!l

I believe in 'chance'or luck but I think we make it ourselves. I've been following the work of a guy called Richard Wiseman who has done some amazing experiments. One of his books The Luck Factor is really good. His theories are based around how confident we are and how much notice we take of what's around us.
http://www.quirkology.com/UK/index.shtml

gary.b
16-Jun-10, 10:19
"If karma is not fate or predestination, then what is it? Let us look at the term itself. Karma means action, means "to do". Immediately we have an indication that the real meaning of karma is not fate because karma is action. It is dynamic. But it is more than simply action because it is not mechanical action. It is not unconscious or involuntary action. It is intentional, conscious, deliberate, willful action. How is it that this intentional, will action conditions or determines our situation? It is because every action must have a reaction, an effect. This truth has been expressed in regard to the physical universe by the great physicist Newton who formulated the law which states that every action must have an equal and opposite reaction. In the moral sphere of conscious actions, we have a counterpart to the physical law of action and reaction, the law that every intentional, will action must have its effect. This is why we sometimes speak either of Karma-Vipaka, intentional action and its ripened effect, or we speak of Karma-Phala, intentional action and its fruit. It is when we speak of intentional action together with its effect or fruit that we speak of the Law of Karma.

In its most basic sense, the Law of Karma in the moral sphere teaches that similar actions will lead to similar results. Let us take an example. If we plant a mango seed, the plant that springs up will be a mango tree, and eventually it will bear a mango fruit. Alternatively, if we plant a Pong Pong seed, the tree that will spring up will be a Pong Pong tree and the fruit a Pong Pong. As one sows, so shall one reap. According to one’s action, so shall be the fruit. Similarly, in the Law of Karma, if we do a wholesome action, eventually we will get a wholesome fruit, and if we do an unwholesome action eventually we will get an unwholesome, painful result. This is what we mean when we say that causes bring about effects that are similar to the causes. This we will see very clearly when we come to specific examples of wholesome and unwholesome actions."

Source= http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/karma1.htm

onecalledk
16-Jun-10, 10:35
What we need here is a scientist - which I am not.

But it was Einstein who said, I think, that all matter is mutated light. That we are made of light.

He also said that no energy is lost. Thus when we die we simply become part of the matter of the universe.

I'm sure there's a lot more to it than that but I do not know enough.

As to the purpose of life....

is that what you are really asking?

Totally agree that we are all made of light. The chaos that is in the world just now is due to the energies that are changing on the planet. Its like the universe is taking each one of us and shaking us so that the bits of our lives that no longer serve us drops away. Chaos makes feel people really on edge though and tends to generate fear.

If we look at the world we live in today it is not substainable in anyway. Society has gone too far one way, it needs to swing back again. We live in a world where we dont cherise our children, our old people or each other.

Karma is the lessons that we are here to learn. It may be that someone does something bad in this life and the karma does not show up til the next life time or it could be that somebody does something terrible and then something terrible happens to them.

If we all treated each other with the respect we ALL deserve regardles of race, age, sex, sexuality etc then the world would be a better and more harmonious place. If not it disintegrates further into the madness that has already started.

K

Gleber2
16-Jun-10, 12:54
"If karma is not fate or predestination, then what is it? Let us look at the term itself. Karma means action, means "to do". Immediately we have an indication that the real meaning of karma is not fate because karma is action. It is dynamic. But it is more than simply action because it is not mechanical action. It is not unconscious or involuntary action. It is intentional, conscious, deliberate, willful action. How is it that this intentional, will action conditions or determines our situation? It is because every action must have a reaction, an effect. This truth has been expressed in regard to the physical universe by the great physicist Newton who formulated the law which states that every action must have an equal and opposite reaction. In the moral sphere of conscious actions, we have a counterpart to the physical law of action and reaction, the law that every intentional, will action must have its effect. This is why we sometimes speak either of Karma-Vipaka, intentional action and its ripened effect, or we speak of Karma-Phala, intentional action and its fruit. It is when we speak of intentional action together with its effect or fruit that we speak of the Law of Karma.

In its most basic sense, the Law of Karma in the moral sphere teaches that similar actions will lead to similar results. Let us take an example. If we plant a mango seed, the plant that springs up will be a mango tree, and eventually it will bear a mango fruit. Alternatively, if we plant a Pong Pong seed, the tree that will spring up will be a Pong Pong tree and the fruit a Pong Pong. As one sows, so shall one reap. According to one’s action, so shall be the fruit. Similarly, in the Law of Karma, if we do a wholesome action, eventually we will get a wholesome fruit, and if we do an unwholesome action eventually we will get an unwholesome, painful result. This is what we mean when we say that causes bring about effects that are similar to the causes. This we will see very clearly when we come to specific examples of wholesome and unwholesome actions."

Source= http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/karma1.htm
Spot on!!!!

Mrs Bucket
17-Jun-10, 12:29
Trix karma is all around always sometmes it gets blocked dont lose faith it will return I promise you Ive been where you are but boy am I in a good place now.