PDA

View Full Version : I'm in a massive bee hive !!!

Loch not Lock
12-Jun-10, 13:41
Or at least that is what it feels like if I watch the World Cup. I've turned off. They should smash those horns at the turnstiles or refuse entry. What sort of mentality are the people who blow those things non-stop for 100 minutes plus. CRUSH THOSE PLASTIC CHILD TOYS NOW !!!!!:mad:

Kodiak
12-Jun-10, 13:50
Me thinks you have a Bee in your Bonnet, [lol][lol][lol]

The Pepsi Challenge
12-Jun-10, 13:52
It's like a nest of wasps inside your skull on the day of your worst hangover. Other problem is it destroys the game's atmosphere; you can't hear any singing, celebrating; no crowd reaction what so ever.

lynne duncan
12-Jun-10, 14:06
totally in agreement delete background noise please

_Ju_
12-Jun-10, 14:09
It's like a nest of wasps inside your skull on the day of your worst hangover. Other problem is it destroys the game's atmosphere; you can't hear any singing, celebrating; no crowd reaction what so ever.

hmmmm....you cannot hear what you are culturally conditioned to hear. This is another culture celebrating their way.:D

The Pepsi Challenge
12-Jun-10, 14:13
Considering it isn't a feature of any of the European based tournaments or the euro finals, it baffles me that you believe that. The only place you'll hear that noise in Europe is Russia. It just ruins the atmosphere in my opinion, but it isn't gonna change so I guess it's just tough titties.

_Ju_
12-Jun-10, 14:22
Considering it isn't a feature of any of the European based tournaments or the euro finals, it baffles me that you believe that. The only place you'll hear that noise in Europe is Russia. It just ruins the atmosphere in my opinion, but it isn't gonna change so I guess it's just tough titties.

this is the WORLD cup. Not a european tournament.

The Pepsi Challenge
12-Jun-10, 14:25
It's not something Europeans are used to. They've made an attempt to have the horns banned, but it's not happening, so we'll just have to put up with it.

northener
12-Jun-10, 15:10
Banned? Blowing horns?

What about the endles hand-held foghorns that accompany many European matches? Drums?

What about crowds that deliberately roar and to put the opposition off a penalty?

Jeez. Turn the sound down and stick a Victor Meldrew rant on the stereo....

Scunner
12-Jun-10, 18:56
I'm in a massive bee hive !!!

Thats an insult to a hive of working bees - its a lovely sound, not anything like that racket

bluechesse
12-Jun-10, 19:24
Considering it isn't a feature of any of the European based tournaments or the euro finals, it baffles me that you believe that.

I suppose that could be due to the fact that the World Cup is being played in South Africa. I failed geography, but i don't think thats part of Europe;)

bekisman
12-Jun-10, 20:57
Or at least that is what it feels like if I watch the World Cup. I've turned off. They should smash those horns at the turnstiles or refuse entry. What sort of mentality are the people who blow those things non-stop for 100 minutes plus. CRUSH THOSE PLASTIC CHILD TOYS NOW !!!!!:mad:

Wondered what you were on about - just flicked over to the match. See what you mean! :(

"Vuvuzela horns invade England as World Cup 2010 kicks off

They are the raucous, ear-splitting trumpets which give the World Cup in South Africa its unique sound, but be warned: vuvuzelas are about to be unleashed on a street near you.
Tens of thousands of the metre-long plastic horns have already been sold in England, and retailers expect to sell hundreds of thousands by the end of the tournament, which kicks off today.

Their popularity has prompted stark warnings from doctors that fans risk permanent hearing damage if they stand too close to one during matches.
Local councils are also braced for a barrage of noise complaints on the nights of England games.
The droning of a vuvuzela has been measured at 127 decibels – louder than a chainsaw – and the Royal National Institute for Deaf People says that is enough to cause temporary tinnitus and even some long-term problemsSainsbury’s has already sold more than 15,000 of the £2 horns, and expects to sell at least 60,000 more as it becomes the “must have” accessory of the 2010 World Cup. The online retailer Amazon has also reported a huge surge in demand.'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2010/7817867/Vuvuzela-horns-invade-England-as-World-Cup-2010-kicks-off.html

northener
12-Jun-10, 21:57
Wondered what you were on about - just flicked over to the match. See what you mean! :(

"Vuvuzela horns invade England as World Cup 2010 kicks off

They are the raucous, ear-splitting trumpets which give the World Cup in South Africa its unique sound, but be warned: vuvuzelas are about to be unleashed on a street near you.
Tens of thousands of the metre-long plastic horns have already been sold in England, and retailers expect to sell hundreds of thousands by the end of the tournament, which kicks off today.

Their popularity has prompted stark warnings from doctors that fans risk permanent hearing damage if they stand too close to one during matches.
Local councils are also braced for a barrage of noise complaints on the nights of England games.
The droning of a vuvuzela has been measured at 127 decibels – louder than a chainsaw – and the Royal National Institute for Deaf People says that is enough to cause temporary tinnitus and even some long-term problemsSainsbury’s has already sold more than 15,000 of the £2 horns, and expects to sell at least 60,000 more as it becomes the “must have” accessory of the 2010 World Cup. The online retailer Amazon has also reported a huge surge in demand.'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2010/7817867/Vuvuzela-horns-invade-England-as-World-Cup-2010-kicks-off.html

Pardon?............

Loch not Lock
12-Jun-10, 22:29
Did not mind the drone too much tonight - got my treble up South Korea, Argentina to win and good old England to draw.:)

Loch not Lock
13-Jun-10, 08:06
Have a treble on Slovenia at 5/4, Serbia at 6/5 and Germany at 1/2. These are Bet365 prices and pays 6.425/1 - great value!:)

The Pepsi Challenge
15-Jun-10, 07:30
I suppose that could be due to the fact that the World Cup is being played in South Africa. I failed geography, but i don't think thats part of Europe;)

You, too, eh?

The vuvuzela: an African tradition, made in China. Gotta laugh.

Not remember the aerosol-driven horns of Germany 1974? Didn't think so.

And with the vuvs about to sell by the crate in the UK we'll soon see how much love for this fine African tradition the folks of Blighty have.

Thumper
15-Jun-10, 07:33
My kids have had these horns for a few months now,their dads girlfriend took them home from SA for them....cow ;) [lol] x

Amy-Winehouse
15-Jun-10, 07:59
The vuvuzela Vs Mick McCarthy.....Id rather listen to the vuvuzela coz the other drone`s on absolute drivel for 90 mins.

He actually asked if Juan Sebastian Veron was the same player who played for Chelsea & Manchester United before the start o the Argentina match the other day!!!

For a football commentator/pro football manager not to know that I find that astonishing, Man am I glad he got chased out of Sunderland. And Celtc fans, Lennon is a far more intelligent bloke- stick with him please :eek:

Kevin Milkins
15-Jun-10, 09:10
I am not sure how many people would think along the same lines as me, but as a non football fan, I would have had a passing interest in the world cup just to be a part of it.

Because of the drone of the Vovuzela, I don't think I could bring myself to watch another game.:confused Surly that can't be good for football or South Africa?

Angela
15-Jun-10, 10:11
I am not sure how many people would think along the same lines as me, but as a non football fan, I would have had a passing interest in the world cup just to be a part of it.

Because of the drone of the Vovuzela, I don't think I could bring myself to watch another game.:confused Surly that can't be good for football or South Africa?

Well I agree with you Kevin. Despite what I say beforehand, I always end up getting drawn into the World Cup and usually really enjoy it.

The endless droning in the background has really put me off watching. My cat has been trying to attack the screen as if she thinks there's a whole community of insect type prey for her to catch inside it! :roll::eek:

George Brims
16-Jun-10, 21:52
You will all hate me for this. Try this game. You must put your computer sound to full volume before clicking the start button for it to be a fair game. My best score is 4.

http://bartbonte.com/vuvuzela/

I recorded a bit of it and put it in my phone as a ringtone. Only Dr Who's sonic screwdriver is more annoying.