PDA

View Full Version : Trooping of the Colour

The Drunken Duck
12-Jun-10, 11:57
Just watching it now. This is what makes Britian great, this is why the Scots, English, Welsh and Northern Irish are better together than on our own. So instead of arguing about Nancyball and who is singing what anthem .. have a watch and take a bit of pride in our traditions.

Well played the Grenadiers who returned from a six month tour in the sandpit only to start preparing for the parade right away.

And well done the horses too, not one has crapped on the square that I can see .. now that's discipline.

Bobinovich
12-Jun-10, 12:09
So THAT's where all the wine bottle corks go - I always wondered :eek:

Lavenderblue2
12-Jun-10, 15:33
Drunken Duck, I couldn't agree with you more.
If possible, I never miss the Trooping of the Colour, it's a wonderful occasion, expertly staged. I never fail to feel huge pride in my country when I watch it. I also love to see H M the Queen so obviously enjoying every minute of the occasion, bless her.

Bob, what are you like - wine corks... trust you. :lol:

Leanne
12-Jun-10, 15:43
Just watching it now. This is what makes Britian great, this is why the Scots, English, Welsh and Northern Irish are better together than on our own. So instead of arguing about Nancyball and who is singing what anthem .. have a watch and take a bit of pride in our traditions.

Well played the Grenadiers who returned from a six month tour in the sandpit only to start preparing for the parade right away.

And well done the horses too, not one has crapped on the square that I can see .. now that's discipline.

We should be proud of a neighbouring nation for its achievement. Why show animosity - it just doesn't make sense...