PDA

View Full Version : Argos Metal Sheds

lambsie
11-Jun-10, 20:15
Does anyone have one of these? Are they fit to withstand high winds? The reviews on argos suggest that they are a nightmare to assemble. I dinna want to buy a pig in a poke!

poppett
11-Jun-10, 22:03
I had one in Inverness. It was well pinned down when built, which was quite easy as we ignored the plans.........as you do...........and it had added stability by using 3x2 slabs as a base for the floor. Never moved and it was in a wind tunnel location. I had it for 15 years, then passed it on to brother in law and in turn it went to his grand daughter and was sold three years ago for twice the amount I paid for it.

fuzzypeg
12-Jun-10, 08:16
It depends on where you are, In town you might be ok, Inverness does not have the strong winds that we get up here, We had one bolted down on a concrete slab made for it, It lasted a month or two untill the real winds came and bent in in half So we got rid of it and built a wooden one and it's been great

Skirza
13-Jun-10, 11:08
We've had the 6 x 4 model for around 4 years...it's bolted onto a wooden floor and tied to a 3ft fence. I have to say tho, in the high winds it rattles and bangs and it has bent a bit.

sharona
13-Jun-10, 19:26
i bult my own got the timber from rembrands and built 10 x 8 for a few 100 pounbs easy to build with new timber lot better than the tin sheds comes any thousands of bits so y put your self through that followin sheets of paper ,,instructions