PDA

View Full Version : sky + hd itv hd channel

pedromcgrory
11-Jun-10, 15:31
whos watching world cup in scotland in hd ?

The Pepsi Challenge
11-Jun-10, 15:39
Me, I'm watching it in HD.

Kodiak
11-Jun-10, 15:50
If you live in Scotland and can not get ITV1 HD then here is how you can tune your HD Box to receive ITV in HD.

Press services

Then scroll along to add Channels

Then put in this info
H,
5/6.

Then Press yellow Button to search

It will search and then it will give you a window with several Channels including ITV1 HD choose the channel/s you want, Highlight the channel and press yellow button to select, then when finished press select.

To access channel you do this

Press Services, Press Select, Press 5, Press Select, Pick the channel you want then press Select.

You should then have ITV1 HD but you can not Pause or record and you can only watch Live.

pedromcgrory
11-Jun-10, 16:01
Yip, Its very simple to add ITV HD to the add channels on your Sky HD box.
Go to services "Add Channels" set Frequency to 11.427, set Polarisation to H, Symb rate 27.5, FEC 2/3, search and add 10510 to favourites press store.....
To watch it you have to go to the other channels section each time, and when games screened add to favourites it will come up on your favourites guide as 10510 guide... but each match you have to follow this guide
Viola..... World Cup in HD!!!

EDDIE
11-Jun-10, 22:43
I think the bbc hd and itv hd channel is comming to freeview in september i just think its bad that if you have an hd ready tv you cannot get it unless you have freeview hd so i bet there will be a lot of good deals on hd tv from now untill september so the shops can get rid off there old stock and alot people wont relise that your tv has to be hd ready as well as freeveiw hd as well?

Kodiak
11-Jun-10, 23:52
BBC HD and Ch4 HD will be on Freeview from June 16th from Rumster.

http://i49.tinypic.com/jre3yc.jpg

adi1
11-Jun-10, 23:55
If you live in Scotland and can not get ITV1 HD then here is how you can tune your HD Box to receive ITV in HD.

Press services

Then scroll along to add Channels

Then put in this info
H,
5/6.

Then Press yellow Button to search

It will search and then it will give you a window with several Channels including ITV1 HD choose the channel/s you want, Highlight the channel and press yellow button to select, then when finished press select.

To access channel you do this

Press Services, Press Select, Press 5, Press Select, Pick the channel you want then press Select.

You should then have ITV1 HD but you can not Pause or record and you can only watch Live.

Nice one Kodiak pity you cant pause and record though

EDDIE
12-Jun-10, 08:57
BBC HD and Ch4 HD will be on Freeview from June 16th from Rumster.

http://i49.tinypic.com/jre3yc.jpg

Yes but if you have an hd tv thats not enough it also needs to have a freeview hd tuner built into the tv which not a lot of tvs have there digital but not hd u have to buy a box underneath the tv to get hd from freeview?
Current tv takes digital signals only it doesnt support hd signal and for me thats daft it defeats the object of switching over in the first place

annthracks
12-Jun-10, 11:04
If you have a FreeSat box you can get it by putting an England postcode (just look on the web for one - any advert! :) on the initial setup screen

Kodiak
12-Jun-10, 13:06
Yes but if you have an hd tv thats not enough it also needs to have a freeview hd tuner built into the tv which not a lot of tvs have there digital but not hd u have to buy a box underneath the tv to get hd from freeview?
Current tv takes digital signals only it doesnt support hd signal and for me thats daft it defeats the object of switching over in the first place

If you want HD TV then you will need to spend some money. You could buy a Freeview HD Tuner, get FreeSat or even get SKY in. It is a case of "Tanstaaafl" or the is no such thing as a free lunch.

EDDIE
12-Jun-10, 13:29
If you want HD TV then you will need to spend some money. You could buy a Freeview HD Tuner, get FreeSat or even get SKY in. It is a case of "Tanstaaafl" or the is no such thing as a free lunch.

I know that the point i was making is its already costing people at lot of money to change over to digital and to have hd tv its not very hd ready if your tuner cant take a hd frequencey and then you no whats going to happen when everyone upgrades there tv to get freeview hd and then 2 years later we will have to renew everything again to get 3d technolgy is supposed to make things easier not cost more when there is no need for it
Dont get me wrong hd is miles better in picture quality especially if u have a projector it just annoys me that they didnt build this technolgy in to the tuners when they were pushing everyone to get ready for the swithover