PDA

View Full Version : The cutting edge of communication technology cannot be BT Broadband

Gronnuck
11-Jun-10, 11:20
Bit of Background info; my BT Broadband has never been great. I’m situated about 4 miles from the Barrack telephone exchange.

Last November my Assured Rate IP Profile was 500 Kbps and I was getting a download speed of about 441 Kbps. At the beginning of this year my Assured Rate IP Profile dropped to 350 Kbps and I was then getting a download speed of about 310 Kbps. Yesterday my Assured Rate IP Profile dropped to 250 Kbps and I’m now getting a download speed of about 216 Kbps. I use BT's own speedtester.
This morning I couldn't even connect to BT's speedtester.
Is anyone else having problems with BT?

Leanne
11-Jun-10, 11:47
Me too. Just for comparison if I purchase and download a film from the net here it can take 3 days for it to download. If I download at my mum's in Cheshire, using the same alleged capacity it takes 25 minutes!

RecQuery
14-Jun-10, 14:34
BT, best not get me started on them. Needless to say home broadband is one in a long list of things they can't do - it's like they hire for incompetence.

You might want to run a check here (http://www.samknows.com/old/broadband/checker2.php) to see if you can get a BE line as opposed to a BT line. BE are much better even over longer distances using something called Annex M.

Leanne
14-Jun-10, 15:48
BT, best not get me started on them. Needless to say home broadband is one in a long list of things they can't do - it's like they hire for incompetence.

You might want to run a check here (http://www.samknows.com/old/broadband/checker2.php) to see if you can get a BE line as opposed to a BT line. BE are much better even over longer distances using something called Annex M.

BE can't offer their 24meg service to me :( While off searching (desperate to get away from BT!) I came across Eclipse, offering 24meg. Never heard of them before, even though they have been going since 2004. Do you have any experience of them?