PDA

View Full Version : power loss

brandy
18-Jun-06, 20:24
so does any one know what caused the power loss earlier? and how far reaching it was?

pultneytooner
18-Jun-06, 20:28
so does any one know what caused the power loss earlier? and how far reaching it was? Not sure but it interfered with my enjoyment of the brazil v australia game.

angela5
18-Jun-06, 22:57
Hope Hammer is'na guilty.:lol:

connieb19
18-Jun-06, 22:59
It must be reaching pretty far if it interfered with pultneytooners tele away down in Golspie..:eek:

Elenna
18-Jun-06, 23:51
There wasn't any problem here (near Wick harbour). Kids have had tellys, X-box, and computers on all day.

dirdyweeker
19-Jun-06, 00:06
only gave a flicker at broadhaven

crofter
19-Jun-06, 01:06
All the new shops Homebase etc. were off in Wick. In Homebase when it went off everyone was told to leave and once all customers were out the doors locked and the assistants totalled up each persons shopping,brought it out to the door and you could pay cash for it but obviously without a receipt. I went down to the COOP and it was still on so it would seem it was just the new ones that had the power cut.

Astra
19-Jun-06, 11:23
i think it may of been the pultney side that had the power loss . right in the middle of the match too :mad: .

candyfloss
19-Jun-06, 12:52
Our power was off too, but just for a few seconds and i live on the wick side of the town

wicker
19-Jun-06, 14:02
yeah it went off up in the north murchy heights for about half an hour

cuddlepop
19-Jun-06, 14:57
Whats your tele reception like? OUr STV is pretty poor

rfr10
19-Jun-06, 16:11
So I was told today by a teacher, the Wick High School power generater blew and thats what caused the power failures across the place. SO today, we had to do lots of boring writing because the only power we could use was to the lights, no computers, TVs or music instruments which require power.

obiron
19-Jun-06, 18:28
So I was told today by a teacher, the Wick High School power generater blew and thats what caused the power failures across the place. SO today, we had to do lots of boring writing because the only power we could use was to the lights, no computers, TVs or music instruments which require power.

man thats tough do you not write by hand anymore at school????

rfr10
19-Jun-06, 18:35
man thats tough do you not write by hand anymore at school????

If thats all we did then people would die with boredom at school, Music, you play instruments, computing you use computers, art, you draw etc... Thats why they are called practicat subjects.

obiron
19-Jun-06, 18:43
If thats all we did then people would die with boredom at school, Music, you play instruments, computing you use computers, art, you draw etc... Thats why they are called practicat subjects.

maybe so but loads of instruments dont need power and there is loads you can do without using a computer