PDA

View Full Version : Parcel Delivery Bang Bang Once Chitty and Gone Merchants

Boozeburglar
10-Jun-10, 19:41
I was waiting for something important today and I went in the garden to do some things, came back in and there was a chitty from Parcel Force in the box.

What is it with these guys now? They have it written out already and just fire it in to your box, they don't even wait a minute for you to hear them knocking! Why do I bother giving them my phone number when they don't bother ringing if they don't get an answer at the door?

Grrrrrrhhhh!

Bazeye
10-Jun-10, 19:51
Its not just them. My mate works for the Royal Mail and he told ne that if theyre running late they actually fill the cards out on their rounds before they even reach the address.

Sandra_B
10-Jun-10, 20:17
I once watched the postman walk down the path and when I went to see what he had brought it was one of those "while you were out" cards...

Bazeye
10-Jun-10, 20:25
I'd love a posties job, probably one of the most stress free jobs about. As long as you can walk and read that is.

Kodiak
10-Jun-10, 20:27
I was waiting for something important today and I went in the garden to do some things, came back in and there was a chitty from Parcel Force in the box.

What is it with these guys now? They have it written out already and just fire it in to your box, they don't even wait a minute for you to hear them knocking! Why do I bother giving them my phone number when they don't bother ringing if they don't get an answer at the door?

Grrrrrrhhhh!

All ParcelForce deliveries in Caithness, except a parcel so heavy it takes two to carry it, are delivered from the Royal Mail sorting Office. So it is Royal Mail that delivers and they are not supplied with phones. So if they do not get an answer from your door they have no way to phone you.

Bazeye
10-Jun-10, 20:40

Grrrrrrhhhh!

We used to call that "Knock and Run" when we were kids.

Kodiak
10-Jun-10, 20:49
Its not just them. My mate works for the Royal Mail and he told ne that if theyre running late they actually fill the cards out on their rounds before they even reach the address.

This may be the way it works in Barrow-in-Furness but iy does not happen like this in Caithness.

Gronnuck
10-Jun-10, 21:03

Grrrrrrhhhh!

I don't know where you are Boozeburgler but in Scarfskerry our postie has only left us cards on a few genuine occasions. All the other courier companies are the same - excellent service.

On the other hand we did have a few problems with Parcelforce when we lived in the central belt.

Bazeye
10-Jun-10, 22:05
This may be the way it works in Barrow-in-Furness but iy does not happen like this in Caithness.

It does according to post#3.

brandy
10-Jun-10, 22:09
well i live in wick, and in the past have had the sorry we missed you notes... while i was in the house.. no one knocked on our door. and also in the past have had parcels left in my brown bin, on my back step and with neighbors which i really dont mind the last.. but really.. putting it in the bin or step?

Rictina
10-Jun-10, 22:37

Grrrrrrhhhh!

This is what is was getting like in Inverness.

Boozeburglar
11-Jun-10, 00:19
Aye sorry I should have said this is in Inverness. Sorry! :)

Even Chance
11-Jun-10, 08:04
And when you get the card as you get home after work, you can no longer go to the sorting office and pick up the item because they closed up and went home at 3PM!!! Thats the middle of the afternoon, its ok for some! It used to be a more sensible half 5. When are working folks supposed to get the chance to get in before that time?? Pure crazy IMHO.

brandy
11-Jun-10, 08:17
saying that they get in really early in the morning so they do work a full day.. so no prob. with the 3 pm closing just when they do the sorry we missed you when your at home.

Even Chance
11-Jun-10, 09:44
I watch them going to work as I leave for mine at the back of 7. Im certainly not grumbling at them or their hours worked. Not a problem there at all.
Its a management decision to close the hatch early that appears to be very unsatisfactory from a customers point of view.

achingale
11-Jun-10, 10:46
Years ago I was waiting on something and I saw the postie come through the gate and pop stuff into my box. When I went out to collect the mail I had a card that said 'Sorry you were out' so I went to the gate and saw her just up the road. I shouted to her and she said that she never had the package with her in the first place but had filled out the card back at the sorting office. She said her bag was heavy but would deliver it the next day. Next day came and guess what? No package. I complained to the manager of the sorting office and she was reprimanded. I finally got my package but I had to collect it myself. This is the one and only time this has happened though.

dragonfly
11-Jun-10, 10:49
you're lucky BB, I was waiting on a bit of camera equipment coming from ebay, which although wasn't sent special delivery was sent recorded. My postie signed the chitty himself then popped it through the cat flap on my utility room door, not even through my letterbox. Dog got hold of it, broke it into bits, I sent it off to RM complaints and was refunded £39 (the cost of 100 1st class stamps). The bit of equipment cost me £90 so I am out of pocket by £51 and no further recourse from RM [evil] [evil] [evil]

northener
11-Jun-10, 11:05
Well, big thumbs up for the posties and couriers who deliver to Keiss.

They've always tried their best to 'sort' any problems with delivery.

Kodiak
11-Jun-10, 12:25
you're lucky BB, I was waiting on a bit of camera equipment coming from ebay, which although wasn't sent special delivery was sent recorded. My postie signed the chitty himself then popped it through the cat flap on my utility room door, not even through my letterbox. Dog got hold of it, broke it into bits, I sent it off to RM complaints and was refunded £39 (the cost of 100 1st class stamps). The bit of equipment cost me £90 so I am out of pocket by £51 and no further recourse from RM [evil] [evil] [evil]

The reason why you was only refunded £39.00 was that if an Item is sent by Recorded Delivery that is the Maximum it is insured for. If you are having an item sent to you that is worth more than this amount it should be sent Special Delivery. I am surprised that Royal Mail sent you a refund as it is usually only the person who posted the item that can claim as they hold the Recorded Delivery Receipt.

Also since you bought it from eBay you could claim through eBay and get 100% of the amount paid by you, as according to their rules and regulations items bought must be delivered as per description. This is correct even if the item has been damaged in the post.

bella
12-Jun-10, 19:11
The Thrumster postie is cool too, so friendly always gives a wave and a smile:Razz

ShelleyCowie
12-Jun-10, 19:34
My delivery van manny is awsome! we get so much delivered they really must get sick of us. But they always wait for me to answer....they hear the bairn running to the door so they know im in.

Missed a delivery today....but thats a whole different rant about a walk to Tesco that wasnt necessary!! [lol]

Venture
13-Jun-10, 12:40
My delivery van manny is awsome! we get so much delivered they really must get sick of us. But they always wait for me to answer....they hear the bairn running to the door so they know im in.

Missed a delivery today....but thats a whole different rant about a walk to Tesco that wasnt necessary!! [lol]

Well at least this time it was about a chicken Shelley and not a canary.:lol:

ShelleyCowie
13-Jun-10, 12:54
Well at least this time it was about a chicken Shelley and not a canary.:lol:

Dont even mention that chicken anymore! stupid thing, at least it has been disposed of now [lol] Never to be seen again!!!!